2013~2016 Difference between CX-5 OCV and VVT solenoid

This may be a dumb question but I'm trying to figure out which part to buy and struggling to figure out the difference.
I have a 2015 CX-5 GT and looking to replace a this part leaking oil. Can someone please explain the difference between the OCV p/n PE01-14-440A and the VVT solenoid p/n PE01-14-420A

This may be a dumb question but I'm trying to figure out which part to buy and struggling to figure out the difference.
I have a 2015 CX-5 GT and looking to replace a this part leaking oil. Can someone please explain the difference between the OCV p/n PE01-14-440A and the VVT solenoid p/n PE01-14-420A
The oil control solenoid PE01-14-440A works with the oil pump for engine oil control and is located on the block below the belts. PE01-14-420A is the exhaust variable valve timing solenoid, and is located on the head, under the valve cover. That's the one that's a fairly common oil leak point, and I suspect will be the one you'll be replacing.

Upvote 0
They're also very different size/shape - Google the part numbers and you'll quickly get images of them, with at least some parts places including parts diagrams showing where the things are located.

Upvote 0
Back