What new Mazda is coming?

I think that a coupe version of the CX-5 would look VERY close to the current Chinese CX-4(see post #34) or more-so like a jacked up AWD Mazda 6. H-m-m-m-m?

Wagons are cool as long as theyre jacked, cladded for ruggedness, and have their rear utility minimized.

118208950.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the next Mazda BT-50 coming down the pipe, based on the KODO design

2019-mazda-bt-50.jpg

Last edited:
I think were definitely going to see more small and medium sized unibody trucks.

Sounds like Ford is going to be selling one based on their transit connect and partnering with VW somehow.

Also I imagine Hyundai will eventually want in and like Honda its probably easier for them to something unibody.

Definitely good IMO as the mainstream trucks have become so huge. A lot of people I know who want one for light towing and the occasional home improvement project dont want/need something that big or expensive.

I think that's a Photoshop. I was just looking at it on the Australian website. They even mention it's bold new redesign. It doesn't look like that.
Astounded to see it has a 5 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty.
Dayum.
d3e7ccb532dc26d084223e25243effc8.jpg

That looks horrible, lol.

Canada has a 3-year Basic, 5-year Powertrain, 7-year Perforation Unlimited warranty on all new Mazdas as well.

I think that's a Photoshop. I was just looking at it on the Australian website. They even mention it's bold new redesign. It doesn't look like that.
Astounded to see it has a 5 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty.
Dayum.
d3e7ccb532dc26d084223e25243effc8.jpg

After doing some more research my take on the existing BT-50(Australia & Asia) is that it is still based on the Ford platform but is currently undergoing a redesign to be based on the Isuzu platform but with a new front end looking similar to the CX series of vehicles. It will be released in late 2019 or early 2020. The picture I included in post #147 may will be a Photoshop creation but is no doubt a rendition of what it may look like. The picture you have included above I believe is the current model as you would see on the Mazda Australia website (https://www.mazda.com.au/cars/bt-50/#design )

Last edited:
That's what it should look like, agree, but no way that can be counted on.

Latest posts

Back