What kind of motor oil do you use?

What kind of synthetic motor oil do you use?

• Total voters
not a bad price, i just looked it up. Any reason why your doing the heavier weight then 5w20? the MS3's and MS6's are standard 5w30.... just curious.

The reason I went with the 5w30 is a little added wear protection/ peace of mind (whether necessary or not). Living in Colorado I get a lot of uphill-downhill traveling, also get into the mountains quite a bit during the summer and I have to admit... I drive the car pretty hard at times. I haven't seen any drop In my fuel economy since switching at 14,000mi

yea i figured the drop in climate and road conditions.... Cool stuff, yeah since its thicker/heavier i would anticipate the drop in mpg as well.

Yep - I just switch from Dino 5W-20 to Mobil 1 full syn 5W-20 at 10K on my 2010 Mazda-3 GT Hatchback --

Amsoil

The only difference you'll notice with Amsoil is lighter feeling you get in your wallet! Most every major manufacturer of oil products makes a good and acceptable synthetic. Go for price!

I drive my ES about 10hrs a day doing deliveries and im using 10w40 mobil 1 full synthetic with a can of engine restore every 3500k.

I got an swapped motor about 2 yrs ago and i dont even know how many miles does it have. do u guys think this is ok?

thank you

Back