What kind of motor oil do you use?

What kind of synthetic motor oil do you use?

• Total voters

kyoo

I thought I'd start a thread to see what kind of motor oil people are using..

I'm a big fan of amsoil (happen to have hookups), I've been running it in my Evo for a few years now..

You can really tell the difference using this motor oil compared to, say, Mobil 1 or something. Especially as Mobil 1 fully synthetic is a group iii oil, and not 100% synthetic...

0w30 Full Synthetic, German Castrol available at Autozone. Best oil out there. I use it in the STI & Protege 5. I'm trying to become a dealer for Amsoil as they have a consistent lifespan compared to everything else. EA filters.

Even for my ZX6R I'd recommend Amsoil, I'm sold on the test results here http://www.amsoil.com/products/streetbikes/WhitePaper.aspx

I actually have a dealership account with Amsoil - let me know, I'm sure I could get one for you

Lucas 5W-30 Synthetic. Awsome oil. To bad it costs like $80 to diy oil change. That stuff is like $13 a quart

haha. i've tried out a variety, i rank amsoil and eneos up top.. evos have never liked RP so I dont use that. I definitely notice a difference between amsoil and mobil 1 though - engine runs smoother, pulls smoother etc.

I've got hook ups (with amsoil), let me know if anyone wants it!

Last edited:
Where are you located? I used to use amsoil in my z06 and loved it as well. Let me know a price for some cases. Im locaed in CA.

Thanks,
Chris

bumpp

all you guys running Mobil 1, I recommend you try Amsoil once.. Just once. The difference is noticeable, and you can just tell the oil is better on the motor.

Like I said, I have some really good hook ups/pricing (i dont make money), so just let me know!

mobil 1, didnt like, went to castrol gtx (german) was nice, now running PP. will be trying amsoil on the next change

Back