What have you done to your protege today, 99-00's only

its not very hard, takes patience. basically have someone hold the lip up tight to the bumper, mark how short you need to make it on each side on wheel wells. Cut the end caps off on each side, cut the needed amount off, and then use a good strong flexible epoxy to hold the ends back on the shortened sides, sand smooth and primer.

then when it is done, mock the lip up on the bumper, then place the brackets, mark the two holes per bracket(8 brackets total, so 16 holes) pull everything off, drill small pilot holes on the marks, then use the provided screws and attach all 8 brackets, place lip back on, but now on the brackets, and attach with the 10mm bolts and nuts provided and then place bumper back on car with the lip and attach the clips in wheel well. If you are happy with fitment, take it all off and send it to paint and then install the lip again for the final time.

thanks, dude! you are THE MAN! (bow)

no please do not refer to me as THE MAN lol i cant stand that guy. But, you are welcome

i love THE GU....I mean women as well anyways. to keep on topic Last night I put the timing covers back on the KL finally

nice car i like wat you did to the interior.
get urself a front lip tho ;) and paint those door handles and bumper then it would be shweeettt :)

nice car i like wat you did to the interior.
get urself a front lip tho ;) and paint those door handles and bumper then it would be shweeettt :)

Thanks, im working on getting either a front lip or a new bumper... And i will paint the rear in the next month or so, i just need to get more paint. The side skirts were silver and the grille was black so i decided to paint those first and i ran out of paint... If i keep the 99-00 front bumper i will probably do the type r lip like yours. They sell for like $45 shipped on ebay so i might just go for it. How did you trim off the extra peice in the middle?

used a saw. fixed the lip on a table with some metal strap looking thing lol so it wouldnt move... then sawed the top part off.

my bumper is now cracked almost a foot long . im getting a new bumper tomorow, its gonna be black and since trying to fit the lip on my bumper was hard and we were 2 doing it ,i thought about instead of putting it on the bumper like any lip is supposed to be, ill put it under the bumper. ill screw it in (screw the top of the lip to underneath the bumper.). but then for the little slit thats gonna be between the lip and the bumper im gonna put some paste and sand it so it would look like a one piece. then of course paint it.

plus its gonna be lower so +1 point for me lol the look is gonna be nicer. IMO well i hope lol

kinda like this...
Untitled-1.jpg

but between the bumper and the lip ut some paste and sand it smooth so it looks like a 1 piece.

replaced the rear drums, shoes and hardware damm they were a pain in the ass the fucken drums wouldnt go back on but i finally got them back on and it breaks like a champ...next week is the front and wheel bearings gonna go slotted though

Haha, it's not. It's actually a Millenia. Jonridinhi and I pulled the engine and stripped everything else off the car. He's hoping to put it in his MP3 (I think I put all this in the wrong thread...sorry about that). So sort of a "what did you do to your Protege" haha.

Here's Jon messing around after we finished pulling just about the last bolt on the entire thing.

5018680213_89e11be8b2.jpg

Last edited:
Painted my rims black and red lip heres before and after pic
f099c9b9.jpg

d26c5ce8.jpg

Bought the wrong clear caot can..lucky me it was a clear with "flakes" gives them a nice finish . I got a construction light over the rim to show it but it doesnt appear THAT much with regular lighting . First time i ever do this :)
47bac605.jpg

Last edited:
Today i installed my mazdaspeed oil cap... Looks sweet...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks so fresh and clean, I forgot how small the 1.6l is in the engine bay.

Painted my rims black and red lip heres before and after pic
f099c9b9.jpg

d26c5ce8.jpg

Bought the wrong clear caot can..lucky me it was a clear with "flakes" gives them a nice finish . I got a construction light over the rim to show it but it doesnt appear THAT much with regular lighting . First time i ever do this :)
47bac605.jpg

Those look so much better, great job.

I am putting my AFPR on today for the KLZE to hopefully get a bit more top end out of the ol' girl.

Back