What have you done to your P5 today?

Looks like M3 vs Protg to me...................clue me up bcuz I am unaware of protg climate controls having any auto feature.

There are 3 different heater/AC control units for the BJ (1998-2003) 323.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1700.jpg

There are 3 different heater/AC control units for the BJ (1998-2003) 323.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1700.jpg

Four. Unless this is on the protgs only (if the !@#$ing pic will work)
E11ED488-FCCF-40E3-B335-00E5B82DA0ED_zpsqlywtfuu.jpg

This is how mine looks

I found an auto climate unit fs eBay but the back side of the unit only has a plugin for an electrical connection. Ours have cable connections for the temp and area controls. You'd have to swap the entire ac system to get the auto climate control feature :(

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^These knobs......... VVVVVVVVVVVV

c4n2sk5glr2eb.jpg

on your cc would go great with your stereo styling.............

^^^^^^^^^^These knobs......... VVVVVVVVVVVV

c4n2sk5glr2eb.jpg

on your cc would go great with your stereo styling.............

I know.. if only I had the auto cc, it looks so much cleaner than mine.

Anyway, is there a certain year of the Mazda2 that the knobs come from? Or are they all the same? Reason I'm asking is because in the above pic looks like the knobs fit fine, but for other members who did the upgrade, it looks like the knobs cover the numbering. Are there bigger/smaller knobs?

I have those MZ2 knobs, used them for a couple weeks and took them off. They are cool but not very functional. I had to trim them to fit and even still they did not sit very securely on the peg for the dial.

replaced stock coilpacks and wires at 137k. a couple of the boots were broken and the end rubber nubs broke when we removed them with a boot puller. pulling the coil with the same tool also just pulled apart the coil pack, leaving the boot inside. we had to use long needle nose pliers to take out the bottom of the boot, which broke off from the shaft though. i had a couple codes when all that ready happened was my sparkplug came unscrewed! it was pry in my best interest to replace them anyway.

Finally got around to installing a cat-back exhaust I got on the cheap from another member here.
DJz2zjc.jpg

DRX785y.jpg

vBY4xJP.jpg

Last edited:
It's garbage. Tried it for the first time ever with some cheap vinyl and couldn't get it to bend around the contours.

Looks good from far but far from good.

Roger that. Paint on my wing is peeling. I'll take care of it eventually

heeeeeeeeey i recognize that exhaust ;)

FINALLY had a minute to slap it on. Man it's got some serious drone on the freeway, luckily my 18 year old who is driving it has a loud system to compensate.

Just waiting on another "Bro Deal" on some springs or coilovers, LOL.

Last edited:
Back