What have you done to your P5 today?

People always tell me they like the black bumper cover- it's just an unpainted OEM bumper. My buddy who wants to buy it, loves that about it. Meh.

The yellow lip makes me think I made the Sprint chase in NASCAR since they put yellow splitters,eyebrows and spoilers on the ones cars who did.........just want the lip and bumper cover silver again.

The previous owner pulled too far over a parking barrier and when he backed up, and continued backing after the horrible noises, the bumper was no longer attached. And rather than reattach it, he bought a new OEM Mazda bumper and installed it without painting it. I didn't see what the OEM cover looked like after being ripped off, but I can't imagine it was any worse looking than an entirely different colored bumper.

Putting the p5 back to stock to let it go, and swapping the parts to the mp3. What is the factory camber position on the front struts, i have them at the top outer corners is that correct.

Outer towards windshield........mine are in oem position. You can see pink dot in pic...............

323F_mtr_04.JPG

Last edited:
Drove the Protege5 to work when I came back from lunch. It's awful- no power at all! Woohoo, 140BHP! Its been so long since I've driven it and having driven the MSP and MS3 since then, it really sets in how ******* slow it is.

A/C was evacuated, leak tested and recharged. Initially, the clutch didn't engage. Checked the in-cabin and engine compartment A/C fuses and both had power on both sides. Went to check power at the clutch connector and the second I touched it, the clutch engaged. Glad for that as I'd already advertised the A/C was working. It had worked flawlessly up until I had parked it and in order to get the A/C to work on the MSP, I robbed the low-side line and compressor. Bought a new compressor, low-side line and drier last week and installed them Sunday. Blows nice and cold. Now all that is left is an alignment and tires. I want to get them done before I sell it, though. I've already got 8 people interested in it and only posted it for sale 24 hours ago.

The Protege5 is gone- first interested buyer to look at it paid me asking price without a road test. No longer a Protege owner after 10 years!

Outer towards windshield........mine are in oem position. You can see pink dot in pic...............

323F_mtr_04.JPG

I'm still amazed at how nice those intake boxes look. And that radiator cover. And is that a WeaponR coolant overflow tank?

What I did today. Gave the P5 a wash, adjusted the rear shock settings, put my summer wheels/tires on, and got pissed off at Firestone.

Last edited:
I put rivets at each corner of window and 1 in middle of long side which kinda add to the look IMO but most importantly, keeps the glass on solid.
(best pic of rivets on hand)......
323F_hoodlight_04.JPG

Yes, Weapon R coolant tank with site glass. Had to cram a piece of silicone vacuum line thru the top port on it down to bottom of tank so it could get coolant back and forth from line going to radiator. Line from radiator fits over the nub from the smaller hose going to bottom of tank. And ditched the clear line for black silicone.

Radiator cover was actually extra piece that was done up to fill the front divot in package tray. The front half is Apexr1 ADP. I used a piece that had slots all the way thru it back there and then found the radiator cover spot for the one that just had grooves. Just trimmed it to fit, cut out for radiator fill neck and drilled 2 holes for the bolts and put washers underneath to hold it in place solidly. Here is pic of the one back on the cargo cover.............

323F_Mar2012_12.JPG

Last edited:
Gonna give this shark fin a try....already silver, sticks on over existing base and connects to the mast hole to provide signal. $8 so not expecting much...............

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

.....wanting something low profile to blend and to clear whatever I might want to put up there on the racks.................

Last edited:
Gonna give this shark fin a try....already silver, sticks on over existing base and connects to the mast hole to provide signal. $8 so not expecting much...............

.....wanting something low profile to blend and to clear whatever I might want to put up there on the racks.................

WHERED YOU GET THAT!!! I totally want one! :)

EDIT: N/M, found it via Googling a bit!

EDIT 2: Just picked one up in black!!! that thing is snazzy looking! good find sir, good find!

Last edited:
Had the stubby for awhile, didn't like the S2000 one, been running the way back one someone on here used to sell and thought I'd try out a shark fin one................

Got a new shift knob for my birthday, but it didn't fit. What is the thread size i need, running the mp3 short shifter. I ordered the 10x1.25, isn't that the correct size.

Back