What have you done to your P5 today?

New P5!!! Possibly gonna need a new block as this one is supposed to be making noise...didn't hear a thing when we put it on the trailer though...says the mileage is terrible also...we'll figure it out...lol...also going to be pulling all the aftermarket off...

Protege5_zps659732a8.jpg

^I wish I had a seemingly endless supply of clean P5s! BTW, welcome back Scratch :)

I took the P5 skiing yesterday and had to deal with horrible wheel shake the whole way there and back. I popped-off the front tires this morning and found this:
kN05Tl.jpg

1-2cm of hard ice all around the perimeter of the rim! Needless to say, as soon as I removed all of the ice from both wheels the vibration went away.

New P5!!! Possibly gonna need a new block as this one is supposed to be making noise...didn't hear a thing when we put it on the trailer though...says the mileage is terrible also...we'll figure it out...lol...also going to be pulling all the aftermarket off...

Protege5_zps659732a8.jpg

Paint work looks ok mate, nice!

The wedge seat brackets that I have don't fit the Sparco seat....

The Corbeau sliders don't fit as well.

Also I think the bolt hole spacing is off on the Seat itself.

Car still sits lonely in the garage, not road worthy at the moment. I think I should attend to her needs. My Protege is 10 years old, and still only at 68,xxx miles.

new rear caliper, new rotors and pads in back. replaced gasket between midpipe and catback, tightened/loosened the assy belts. productive day yesterday. now it just needs a washing

Didn't have to turn the radio up to drown out the noise when going over bumps. :) And no more noise when turning the wheel so my problem all along was not suspension related or my PS pump going but my PS engine mount. She gets re-inspected on the 11th.

confused all of my co-workers today at the bank when UPS dropped off 4 new tires, now just waiting on shocks tomorrow and I can go get everything installed at the local shop - it will be nice to have tires without cupping wear on them!!

Nice^
Pics please :)

I installed my HIDs :D

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=50C06A9C62DCD437&resid=50C06A9C62DCD437%21836&authkey=AN5vXwLKjsrt_ZM" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

they look a little blurry. Mini H1s with the graphite shroud IIRC. It took me a little bit to fix the wiring up. I have some loose ends to tie up eventually and I'll be set. I was trying to figure out why the ballasts wouldn't light- turns out I needed to connect the fuse to the battery, not the body :S Oh well though, got them in! :) A present I'm very happy with!

NEW TIRES!!!!!!

I finally have a matching set that drive on surfaces other than bone dry concrete. I've had a productive winter break! Back to classes on Monday. :(

Hit 150k miles today
Also filled her up and got my best tank since going forged (24.4MPG).
Hopefully it only gets better. Got about 3200miles on the motor and running the NSNMP3 Race Car Microtech MAP with a few tweaks.

Took it to go skiing again. The heater ain't so good in cold weather; it was -17C all day and I sure as hell could have used some proper heat on the way home!

Hung out with Reg today while I had an intermediate pipe created for my header to midpipe. Was fun driving ~20 miles with open header LOL

Replaced my A/C control thingy. I had some burn out LEDs and my Defrost button for the rear windshield physically broke leaving a hole. While it was out, I removed the plastidip from the center console and stereo surround and replaced it with satin black paint. Plastidip is a filth magnet. I also got my oil changed today! I need to repaint my exhaust manifold cover again. May do that tomorrow

Back