What have you done to your P5 today?

well tires are on, 3 of 4 shocks replaced - mechanic claims one rear shock had defective threads - now starts the battle between tirerack and installer about who is responsible...shoot me now!! (bang)

Swapped the tinted bumper markers out for amber ones. Now the car is ready for the re-inspect on Friday.

Hit 150k miles today
Also filled her up and got my best tank since going forged (24.4MPG).
Hopefully it only gets better. Got about 3200miles on the motor and running the NSNMP3 Race Car Microtech MAP with a few tweaks.

Good to hear you got it running well with a map off the forums. What did you have to change?

Lowered it more, more camber, adjusted the rear link kit, and got an alignment ... I am seeing 205/40's in my future in the next couple months....

There was a stock (maybe on springs?) P5 at the shop where I got my alignment... so I took a comparison pic

null-45.jpg

Took off my AWR oil pan and put new sealant on it to fix a oil leak. New oil filter and Mobile one 10/30 oil in the car. New wheel bearings for the front and right side wheel hub change.

Took off my AWR oil pan and put new sealant on it to fix a oil leak. New oil filter and Mobile one 10/30 oil in the car. New wheel bearings for the front and right side wheel hub change.

you sure it's the sealant and not the flange? I have heard of several people with AWR pans having leak issues and finding out the flange wasn't flat

Finally replaced the leaking rad today. While the system was drained, I replaced the hoses, t-stat and rad cap as well, figured it couldn't hurt. ;) Also changed the oil while the car was on the jack stands.

I just ordered my 6000k hid's and fog lights, just installed led bulbs in the dome light, map lights, hatch light, and license plate lamps. Also just did the fog light mod to let them stay on with the parking lamps, and painted the stock wheels black for a different look. I'm waiting for my new harness and kit to install my double din cd player since the one I got last week was for '89-'00 Mazdas. (gah)

There was a stock (maybe on springs?) P5 at the shop where I got my alignment... so I took a comparison pic

I wanna say that's on springs. I remember the car being way higher stock. You can see those are stock 03 wheels and the tires seem to reach the fender. Stock height puts one hell of a gap between tires and fender

I wanna say that's on springs. I remember the car being way higher stock. You can see those are stock 03 wheels and the tires seem to reach the fender. Stock height puts one hell of a gap between tires and fender

There was definitely a gap between the tire and fender, I guess iPhone picture fail lol. I'm thinking its on springs too... need to find a stock one now lol

Here is a reminder of how bad stock height fails,

The white car in your photo, the top of the wheel is about level with the line where the front bumper meets the fender. The top of my tire is there in my picture

jN5axInFExatW.jpg

null-45.jpg

Last edited:
^ Nice, looks like it'll be a comfortable DD. I plan on trading my Mitsu. Lancer in for a Nissan Titan in 2 weeks. Need more room for the family and I need a truck for the motorcycle/engine parts and whatever else i can think to throw in there.

^ Nice, looks like it'll be a comfortable DD. I plan on trading my Mitsu. Lancer in for a Nissan Titan in 2 weeks. Need more room for the family and I need a truck for the motorcycle/engine parts and whatever else i can think to throw in there.

well I also have an AWD Volvo that i drive all winter, Civic, the P5 and now the Focus, my yard is starting to get full. The Focus was bought to replace the Honduh in my yard as i hate it. I'll buy a truck in a few years when i decide to get rid of the P5 and Volvo

Latest posts

Back