What have you done to your P5 today?

In other news... here's a sad story. I remember reading about Jessica and her Supra in Import Tuner back in high school. Truly a sad, sad story.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/swimsuit-model-1-200-hp-supra-stolen-chopped-224520926.html

tumblr_m64spgwIVw1r7v6gr.jpg

Drove to the post office to ship motor mount inserts and on the way back to the office swung into a car wash. Now she's nice and purdy.

Got my W-2 yesterday. All I'm waiting for is the 1098-T form from school and I can file... which means big return... which means more toys. I love this time of year!

IDK what it is about these stupid little ricer kids in this town, but some tard-muffin in a little red Honda tried racing me again tonight. He was "lowered" (probably cut springs, it didn't look even), had a fart can, steel oem rims, and couldn't find second gear if his life depended on it. Does my car look that menacing? Maybe it's the HID's and the ignorance of said tard-muffin... but come on. My P5 is as docile as a basket of puppies... for now.

Then my laptop almost died. Eventful night.

The boot on the coil for cylinder #4 took a dump tonight, literally right as I pulled into my driveway. And of course, I didn't have enough time to get to Autozone to get a new one before they closed. Good thing I called because they're holding their last one for me.

I know you guys are going to frown upon this but I drove her around this evening. She's awesome :) that being said, i did notice one small thing while I was driving though, there's a slight pull to the passenger side. Im not really sure why my dad didnt notice it when he test drove it but do you have any suggestions? Im guessing its the alignment because I was reading another thread and Brian mentioned that the paint marks on the suspension bushing top things (im not very articulate) should be at 10:30 and 1:30 on pass/drivers side respectively. One of them is out of spec, from what I can remember. (IIRC)

Also, my CEL came back :S I was using the cruise control and it wasn't on prior to that. Now, I dont have a code reader so I cant look the code up... She didnt feel weird after the light came on but I'd like to find out what it is. If it helps, the vacuum line that runs from the cruise control to the intake mani was dry rotted at the tip so i cut it off and reattached the good bit- could that have done anything? The cruise control still worked but it dropped a few mph before actually holding at a constant speed.

EDIT: my gas gauge was reading low and the light came on but again, I dont think that would cause the CEL. and one last thing, the coolant overflow tank was more filled than when I filled it up previously- I would think that expanding liquids would do that?

I really cant wait to actually be able to drive her (for lack of a better word, legally). This being my first car and manual, it only took me a day to learn the simple stuff. Im kinda scared of hill starts. Luckily for me, where i live is quite flat!

Last edited:
EDIT: my gas gauge was reading low and the light came on but again, I dont think that would cause the CEL. and one last thing, the coolant overflow tank was more filled than when I filled it up previously- I would think that expanding liquids would do that?

both completely normal things that wouldn't cause a CEL

steering pull could be alignment, unevenly worn tires, tires filled to different pressures, and probably other stuff that I just don't know. I've experienced those three

Sometimes, the roads can cause a slight pull to either side. I will occasionally get a pull to the left, then to the right on respective sides of the highway. No uneven tread-wear, play in the steering, or anything. Just keep an eye on it, check your tie-rods and make sure they're tight and measure them if you can to see if they're even remotely close to each other. However, when she's all ready for the road (legally, of course) take her in for an alignment. Couldn't hurt after you've been working on her.

gah

this too

i'm tired

working sucks

AMEN!!!! I get to work today and the store manager is like "How do you feel about working in another department?" to which I am perfectly fine with. I come to find out that the decision was already made on the assumption that I would say yes. So, learning a new department (grocery, nothing major of course) on top of my hardest, busiest semester of my college career should make for an interesting meltdown some time in April.

Cheers everyone!!!! (drinks)

Cheers mates. And thanks for the input :) I think it was a slight pull all down a road I take to school every day. In my dads Altima, it doesn't pull so I think it might be alignment related. I didnt really think that it was the gas or coolant, I was hoping it would be something as simple as that but alas, its not. I've put 23 miles on the new motor though :) and yeah, I might wash her today. Its supposed to he a nice day out and I figured its a reason to stop me driving her- she'll stay nice and clean in the garage. :) I might wax her too, seeing as I want her to look nice! the interior is quite messy as well. Thanks to my dragging dirt and s*** in in there.

That stinks jdm... Its nice they wanted you to do that but bad that they voluntold you into doing it. We'll help you keep it together when you get stressed ;) i get out in May from high school. Hoping that I'll have an internship lined up so i can save my money again!

Bastian, i thought i stayed up late! After that last post i sent, i was out within 5 minutes! I get up at 6:15 for school, not sure how early others get up but i think its somewhat ridiculous. Mind you, when i did my internship, i got up the same time to get in at 7 and out by 4 :) if the pay was better at my job, i wouldn't say work sucked as bad. I only work 4 hrs on Sunday though so i cant complain :)

Well school starts at 7:30 for me so weekdays I'm in bed by 11 and up around 6:50. But I work Friday nights and then normally go out with some buddies I work with after so I'm not home til midnight-ish

Do you live close to school? Im a few miles away, but its maybe a 10 minute drive? I wake up at 6:15 and leave by 6:40. Class starts at 7:13... What an odd number. But we get 10 minutes passing time. Look up PCEP. Its three schools on one campus. I try and get to bed by 10 but I've been in bed by 12... :S

I usually see a mate Saturday night but then homework never gets done...

It takes about ten minutes to get to school but I literally get out of bed, get dressed, brush my teeth, and head out the door. hahaha

Dang. Im up, eating breakfast, watching five minutes of the news, brushing teeth, then finally out the door :) I sit in the car at school for around 10 minutes, then get to class with 4 minutes to spare. :)

Im odd, I know that. But I seriously cannot go without breakfast. That's a necessity for me. Im usually starving by third hour and lunch is after fourth hour... Then when I get home I snack. I need to stop being so hungry...

Started working on changing the timing belt. Took off the old water pump and noticed it looked nothing like the new one. I bought a water pump and timing belt from someone on the forum years ago. The new one is for an older 323.

Back