What have you done to your MSP today?

excited ill finally be seeing my $900 investment into pope soon! seems that he is including new hardware using hex cap bolts which is a nice addition though ive had a set of arp m8x1.25 studs/nuts sitting on my bench for this application for like two years now...
are would they be useable for other mates in the exhaust system? or anywhere for that matter? lol.

maybe dif bolts?

i miss my msp pretty bad.. the p5 is nice and all.. its just not an msp. i think in the spring ill order a corksport exhaust and radiator and pull the trans from the p5 to get it back on the road. thinking i might pull the cams out and attempt to change the valve stems as the car smokes like a dirty wh0re atm.. i guess a head gasket is cheap and easy to do on a 4 cylinder but it only has 130km on it.
what brand of valve seals should i look at? do they make silicon ones?

gonna be quite a yar i think. low budget by most of your standards but my msp will get a whole new intake and exhaust system from the manifold back, rebuilt head maybe struts and new tires/wheels. wont get to rebuild the trans, but ill have the trans from the p5 in it, and ill be doing body work on the p5 to refresh it a little. cant decide on laser blue or blazing yellow heh. black too boring. i like having th ebright ass car in the lot.
of course, the cx5 has a nice red im tempted by as well.

I'm going to pick up a clutch for the MSP in the next couple of weeks so I can actually drive the damn car even without engine management. I need an FTC!

Did anyone get some baller stuff for their MSP this Christmas?

I got some money and gift cards... Not enough or for anywhere that has stuff I really want... Other than food... Who needs that?

i dunno about you, but i wouldn't expect or trust my wife to buy me anything car related or even rc car related lol. she buys me the stuff i dont want to buy like clothes and personal care goodies so im free to spend the money i want on the parts i want heh.
this year the msp will get some love for sure. not gonna buy any rc stuff for the first year in like.. 5.. though i wouldnt mind a new nitro car... kinda sad that i could get a mfactory and corksport exhaust for what that will set me back lol.. just 1/10 nitro even.
these arent really toy cars though. full blown competition race cars.

i guess the disturbing irony is that i got into racing rc cars cause i was told myself it costs less than playing with real cars.. yet i have 5 of em costing about $1000/peice on average lol.. not to mention all my support gear like radio and tools.. i prob has as much money in very hard screwdrivers and setup stuff for the toy cars as i have in mechanic tools lol. ONE mip hex driver is almost $20... im pretty sure i got my entire 12pt socket kit for that.

If i hadnt got into rc 5 years ago, i think my msp would be right up there with some of the other 400++ hp ones heh.

Last edited:
I got into that type of stuff years ago. I used to hook them up, different rims, tires, lip kits, and even performance mods. lol. I told myself the samething. It costs at lot less to hook those up then real cars... After talking to my uncle over this past Christmas Im kinda regretting letting go of my Toyota Supra in Chicago. It was an 88', Turbo. About 230hp stock... I'll see if I can find a picture of it. I kept telling myself it was too expensive to maintain... but from the looks of the MSP, its kind of on the same boat...

My wifey got me a set of lowering springs for mine.I am gonna just use the front ones to lower it a little cuase the car sits low on the back.They are megans.
She also got me a new microtech ltc dash 2 run on my RX7 with my LT9 with 32x32 software!
She drives a ms3 and she is also into cars so when xmas and my bday are around i can expect good quality car parts!

Got a new warranty replacement battery. The cold weather combined with not driving it killed the other one. So far none of my replacement batteries have lasted as long as the OEM Panasonic (6 years). Won't be driving it much until I get ready to put another 1,100 straight miles heading back to FL.

Pretty sure the 240K mile motor in the silver MSP is going to pass away at any time now. She was sipping oil earlier in the year, but now she is drinking it. If it somehow makes it to 250K it would be a miracle.

Setting at the tire shop getting the summer wheels and tires taken off and the steelies and brand new Bridgestone Blizzak WS80's put on. I have the old version of this tire, the WS70 on my work truck and it's the best snow tire I've ever had.

I might grab a 100k mile wga and exhaust mani just for temporary repairs for $70. Seen pics of the mani and has a few weld spots due to old cracks.

dont waste money on that stuff. get the atp and save up for a pope.. ive been driving on cracked stocker missing two studs for 3 years.. makes a mad ticking under hard accelleration but otherwise, NO PROBLEM>

ws 80? holy. i still got ws60s i got in 2010. might be time for new ones. hopefully they made them better in wet weather.

ps, exhaust leaks though they make your car sound like a peice of s***, dont really hurt anything. just leave it be til you can fix it the ONE time. ive had arp manifold studs sitting in a drawer to sort this out for a long time but there just wasnt anything out there for replacment manis.
there prob wont be after the pope either. you can attempt to have the stock casting repaired but from my experience, most shops wont touch the cast iron and whatever fix they do will be stronger than the original metal, thus pushing the future failures further into the part.

if you can get a steedspeed, do so.. alternately a used mam would be an option and obvious the pope.

there was an ebay thunder manifold in production.. not sure if they still out there.. opinions kinda.. meh.. they work but they break. might work forever for you though. not all of us beat our cars like pref heh.

Last edited:
The WRX is so close to being finished! I am going to throw a clutch in the MSP then a transmission and clutch in the RX8. After that, I'm taking an automotive repair vacation.

I've got 6-7 hours in the carbon fiber hood and am still on my first stage of wet sanding... I started with 800 grit... 1/3 of the hood I've got done looks awesome... But, I've been through 5 sheets of 800 grit and only have 1/3 done. I decided yesterday to be brave... I went with 500 grit. And thank gawd I did! I spent 45 minutes on it last night after I got done working on the WRX and it ripped that janky-ass clear off with ease. I'm going to get all the clear off tonight, then start wet sanding again- 800>1000>1200>1500>2000>3000 trizac>Polishing pad. I think I can have it done in 3-4 hours. I spent a little while the other day with just a Trizac pad and polishing pad and it looked awesome, so my hopes are high with this one. Someone has already sprayed a clear over the gelcoat and that's what I'm trying to get off. I'm not going to reapply a clear to it, just polish it.

sike. you'll never take an automotive repair vacation lol. something will always come up.

Pretty sure the 240K mile motor in the silver MSP is going to pass away at any time now. She was sipping oil earlier in the year, but now she is drinking it. If it somehow makes it to 250K it would be a miracle.

That would be more impressive than David Blaine at 1am (crazy) hahaha

Because race car.

CAn't be. It's broken too often to get used properly :p

Back