What have you done to your MSP today?

135 and we run out of gear. i topped mine out at 131 and as i recall i was near redline.
No. These transmissions are geared well beyond 135 mph. The speed limiter is debateable. Unless it's only present on MSP's a lot of people will swear both ways that we either have, or don't have a speed limiter. I've never brought my P5 past 110 (that's where 4th gear tops out roughly) because there's no reason to be going that fast so I personally don't know if there is a limiter or not.

tried to find out why the engine is so loud on my msp, it has been like that since i got it, the mechanic i go to swears it is normal and it is not valve tap or rod knock, but the thing is so damn loud but not in a good way like if i had an eight cylinder

that could be it, im comparing to other cars that idle (my gfs hyundai accent for example, quiet as hell) ^that makes me feel better, i wouldnt mind loud or noise if it sounded good or powerful but the noise of the protege makes it sound like somethings wrong

So a slight ticking noise is normal? I've always thought my engine sounded like it was a little off but perhaps that's normal?

trying to find out the top speed of your protege is like running in the special olympics guys.....it doesn't make you look cool, nor is it something really worth endangering others to find out

trying to find out the top speed of your protege is like running in the special olympics guys.....it doesn't make you look cool, nor is it something really worth endangering others to find out

If your referring to me it was around 3am and no one on the highway... By no means would I try that in traffic.

Oh I was just asking. I am sure someone somewhere has and so therefore, I don't have to. The only time I would is if I had the money to rent a top speed track or take the Spicy out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. However, if I had the money to do any of those, I wouldn't even care how fast the Spicy goes because it would be pushed down to DD only status (that's what it is now but not because I don't love the Colt, it just doesn't run well).

not calling anyone out here lol, I have nothing against you guys

I just find it really retarded when people are concerned with the top speed of cars like these...maybe if you owned a veyron or something, but even then to actually have the balls to take a million dollar car that fast is another thing haha

even if theres no traffic on the road, it isn't an excuse to go that fast unless you have a death wish....theres a fine line between fun and danger, I'd hate to see any of you guys get killed just because you were curious how fast you could get your car going and hit a pothole, ya know?

Its a speed limiter at 135...at least on my msp it was I don't have the balls to try it on my g/f's p5. Engine just backed of at 135ish or so. No cars on the road except the caravan of proteges behind me

I don't plan on hitting more than 90 (unless extreme emergencies are calling). I go 75-80 usually on interstates and keep the limits on normal roads. I can't really afford speeding tickets on my CDL. That and the money issue.

Preciate you looking after your fellow Mazda guys Neox! I too would hate to see you guys gone! We've got a good bunch here (with a few exceptions I'm sure)

Like I said before, if I had a closed course or something... maybe. My car has high miles though and it probably wouldn't like that too much.

haha, yea we do...even the few exceptions are still pretty good guys, they just don't play well with others hahaha

Back