What have you done to your MSP today?

Well Without the speed Governor our MSP's are gear limited to 170+ mph. that's how fast i've taken mine in the dyno and racing my friends Gallardo on a private road before blowing the damn head gasket.

I also think that it depends on the car, because i've seen MSP's on stock ECU going over 140 mph without cutting off, and i have also seen others cutting at 135 mph.

dude you must be smoking crack.when i had mine at 130 there was only about 500 rpm left til redline meaning 135 or maybe 140 at the most. no way you went 170 without different gearing.

I gotta be honest, I have RB's and the ride sucks. Of course I have my Illumias set on a pretty stiff setup... just because. No real reason.

That being said, what is a good set up for stock ride on the illuminas?

The ride sucks in what way?

And ride002 what sleeves are on the car? I know the skunk2 has a high spring rate and are actually pretty bad. If you match up the right springs to your shocks you wil have a decent ride

Well Without the speed Governor our MSP's are gear limited to 170+ mph. that's how fast i've taken mine in the dyno and racing my friends Gallardo on a private road before blowing the damn head gasket.

I also think that it depends on the car, because i've seen MSP's on stock ECU going over 140 mph without cutting off, and i have also seen others cutting at 135 mph.

I keep telling you that you don't have stock gearing in your trans man. Theirs no way your going to be going that fast with stock size tires with a stock trans man.

Now maybe with larger tires and taller gears then I can see that one.

Ride sucks as in I feel every bump in the road. Small bumps don't feel like potholes but it's definitely stiffer than stock ride.

Ride sucks as in I feel every bump in the road. Small bumps don't feel like potholes but it's definitely stiffer than stock ride.

Sounds like you may be disapointed in any sort of upgrade spring then because most are stiffer than the racing beat. If your looking to go lower but stay soft or softer look into falken springs, tanabe dress form, tein gold line, eibach sport springs

dude you must be smoking crack.when i had mine at 130 there was only about 500 rpm left til redline meaning 135 or maybe 140 at the most. no way you went 170 without different gearing.
Look up the gearing in these transmissions and do the math. You'll find you're quite wrong despite what you think you saw.

Look up the gearing in these transmissions and do the math. You'll find you're quite wrong despite what you think you saw.

most likely attributable to tires not being the exact diameter that the speedo is calculating for... my tires are supposed to be about 7% off, but my speedo reads further off than that according to my GPS.

guys running on a dyno and running on the street is completely different...theres no drag on the dyno lol

guys running on a dyno and running on the street is completely different...theres no drag on the dyno lol

what hes saying is that the car is capable of turning the wheels that fast... so air resistance isn't the limiting factor on the dyno. there are 3 things that can potentially limit top speed:
Gearing/Redline (Engine won't turn any faster in its top gear)
Air Resistance (Not enough power to achive limit listed above)
Govonor (Computer says that we're not going to let you reach either of the above)

yes, the gearing in the engine may be able to get the car going that fast...but on the actual road you won't be able to get going that fast because of air resistance

not to mention mazdaspeed2oo3.5 is running 18" rx8 rims =P

Last edited:
yes, the gearing in the engine may be able to get the car going that fast...but on the actual road you won't be able to get going that fast because of air resistance

not to mention mazdaspeed2oo3.5 is running 19" rx8 rims =P

they're 18's.... but yes, the point stands that his final gear ratio is probably of by some %....

Mazdaspeed2oo35 also probably has over 500 whp and is running a standalone EMS. I believe his wheel/tire combo is close to stock size. With no governor and 500+ whp I see no problem topping these cars out. FWIW, smaller or larger tires will have no impact on what the speedo reads - it's calbrated to the stock wheel/tire size and stays that way.

Mazdaspeed2oo35 also probably has over 500 whp and is running a standalone EMS. I believe his wheel/tire combo is close to stock size. With no governor and 500+ whp I see no problem topping these cars out. FWIW, smaller or larger tires will have no impact on what the speedo reads - it's calbrated to the stock wheel/tire size and stays that way.

right, but if the tire size is smaller, the wheel will rotate more times per mile, indicating a higher than actual speed, and if it is larger, the wheel will rotate fewer times per mile, indicating a lower than actual speed.

Back