What have you done to your MS3 today?

Boom-zing! Personally, I'd tell her to not ******* drive it. My gf barely drives mine because she's affraid to break it.

Tried out a new wax today. FK1000p high temp paste wax. Supposed to be extremely easy to apply and remove. It was. Applied in part sun and removed in part sun. Literally effortless. Supposed to wait 24 hours between coats so I'm going to throw another coat on tomorrow.

cddf0485.jpg

As it stands now:
IMG_0555.jpg

Anyone who has a white car knows it's hard to get a good reflection, well I think I've got a good one!

^^^happened to me months ago and I ended up getting new disks and ceramic pads

For me, I assumed it was last winter when my abs was active for well over 100ft when I hit a slick patch. By doing that, I thought I might have glazed them over. And that can cause squeal as well as a decrease in braking ability. And once the disks have been overheated they can't be fized, even with a resurface

Cleaning won't work, never did for me. Once the noise is there, it will never go away until things are replaced

How much pad do you actually have?

there is a ton of pad left. front rotors look normal but the rears have a nice shine to them and one has a burnt looking streak! been poking around for more info and it sounds like the rears may indeed be glazed which apparently is caused by scorching the pads. i'll probably try the DIY fix with sand paper and brake cleaner before replacing anything.

^^gl with that! Finally recieved my dominant engineerig camber arms in lime green! Hopefully I can get them on tmw

^^^you can certainly try, but once the disks have been overheated that pretty much means they are done. That's not a surface burn, it changes the metallurgy of the disk and goes inside as well as on the surface

Come to think of it, I never did take a good look at my old ones. Ill take some pics and post them up later

Just finished cleaning the exterior of my car: claybar, polish & wax.

^^^you can certainly try, but once the disks have been overheated that pretty much means they are done. That's not a surface burn, it changes the metallurgy of the disk and goes inside as well as on the surface

Come to think of it, I never did take a good look at my old ones. Ill take some pics and post them up later

yessir, when rotors go bad they stay bad. luckily i think pads can be deglazed. Slotted rotors are good for this. i have heard.

Technically, you can take them to a shop and put them on a lathe... but I don't agree with this. Take some sandpaper to the pad... it'll be fine.

Auto crossed it this past weekend. 1st in D stock over two very fast cars and drivers. One Cobalt SS and a 2011 Mazdaspeed3. All were on R -comps and we ended up within 5 tenths of each other at the end. I PAXed 8th overall. The other two were right behind me in 9th and 10th.

img_4683.jpg

If your rotors are indeed "glazed" chrome like finish, you can take 1500 grit sandpaper and remove as much of the glazing as possible, after hit it with brake cleaner then apply a good amount of REVERSE crosshatch and you should be good to go....one thing I wouldn't recommend doing is taking it in to have it resurfaced, cuz most shops take off WAY to much material and thus weakening the rotor and will cause it to not thermal well and possibly causing your rotors to warp, but that's just my 2 cents.

H3br3w_Ham3r, way to rock the autocross! i also sport number 13 at the track by the way...

so, it sounds like i could resurface my pads but my rotors are most likely trash?

Took the car to the exhaust shop yesterday and had the 1st and 2nd resonators removed. Has a great sound now. It was $60, expected a little less but not too bad

Back