What have you done to your MS3 today?

I smoothed out my car considerably...I think. TIP/IC and it seems much more smooth under partial throttle applications (normal DD in city conditions). Although it certainly doesn't seem any faster lol.

finally got around to re-adjusting my koni yellows in the rear, and removed the FCM bumpstops and cut and reinstalled the OEM stops hope it's not to damn stiff now...

driving around town my brakes started squealing, it's making me nuts. only does it below 10mph while coming to a stop with light brake pressure. doesn't make a noise at any other speed or if i come to a hard stop. only 11,000 miles on the car with plenty of pad. any ideas?

^^^happened to me months ago and I ended up getting new disks and ceramic pads

For me, I assumed it was last winter when my abs was active for well over 100ft when I hit a slick patch. By doing that, I thought I might have glazed them over. And that can cause squeal as well as a decrease in braking ability. And once the disks have been overheated they can't be fized, even with a resurface

Cleaning won't work, never did for me. Once the noise is there, it will never go away until things are replaced

How much pad do you actually have?

Is the MS3 safe and sound?

Haha...yes. although when she filled up she only reset the trip-o, and not the average mpg. So I lost about 30 miles for that gauge (and it would also have been nice to see how she drove it in that 30 miles since fill-up)

Other than that she had left the seat and mirrors the way she set them. And that means that all 6'2" of me had to adjust what was left by the 5'9" of her. Even the lumbar was effed up!

Pff... At least you almost look your gf in the eye. I'm 6'. My gf... 5'. Try re-adjusting for that. How do you reset the avg mpg? Both trip A and B?

I've got the gt, don't know what you have, but I can't remember if the avg mpg was only on one. All you do is select avg mpg readout, and hold the "info" button down for like 3 seconds and it resets

I'm not sure if your "both trip a and b" was a separate question

And btw....she's not my gf....she's my wife (even worse)

I mean, I piss everyday and I can put the toilet seat down everytime....but she can't ******* reset my seat and mirrors when she drives my car probably once per season? Ladies, can we explain that one? Haha

Haha...yes. although when she filled up she only reset the trip-o, and not the average mpg. So I lost about 30 miles for that gauge (and it would also have been nice to see how she drove it in that 30 miles since fill-up)

Other than that she had left the seat and mirrors the way she set them. And that means that all 6'2" of me had to adjust what was left by the 5'9" of her. Even the lumbar was effed up!
Good stuff!(smoke)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. I had my CorkSport Catted Test-pipe installed today. I can't really evaluate performance well, because it is pouring rain. My initial impressions are, deeper tone and the boost appears to come on a bit faster. Once the rain ends, I will do the negative terminal reset and see what she can do.
(drive2)

What does a negative terminal reset do? I've been trying to figure out why when I initially installed my HT I could break the tires loose in 2nd at almost ANY rpm... now it's only at the top of 2nd. I'm sort of annoyed at the car, currently. Not that it's not still fast.... maybe I just thought once the warmer weather was back it'd feel stronger. Maybe I feel like it could still be, and should be stronger.

I should have mentioned, btw... do you reset both trip A and B to reset the avg mpg. Thanks, Oak.

The avg mpg is the readout where the clock and radio readout is. I only reset the tripodometer because its a more acurate way to gauge gas mileage. The computer is about 5-7% optimistic when it comes to gas mileage, and its more accurate for me to gauge how many miles I'm getting until the warning light kicks on

As for negative terminal reset, I think that gives your fuel trims a reset for the most part. And when you do that it gives your ecu a clean slate to start some new trims. So if you do nothing but highway miles, and you throw on an intake or downpipe, you're not going to feel as much performance as you could if you don't reset

Kind of like the difference between painting a wall over existing paint, or putting primer on first then painting it

That's just my take on it. But if you're replacing an existing component where there is an electrical connection with it that you must unplug first, its always better to disconnect the battery beforehand anyway. You don't want any kind of surge in power when connecting/disconnecting some sensitive electronic components, like a maf sensor when replacing intakes

What does a negative terminal reset do? I've been trying to figure out why when I initially installed my HT I could break the tires loose in 2nd at almost ANY rpm... now it's only at the top of 2nd. I'm sort of annoyed at the car, currently. Not that it's not still fast.... maybe I just thought once the warmer weather was back it'd feel stronger. Maybe I feel like it could still be, and should be stronger.

I should have mentioned, btw... do you reset both trip A and B to reset the avg mpg. Thanks, Oak.

Its sounds like your tires are just getting more grip now that temps have warmed up, not that your engine is getting less powerful.

Edit: on second thought, your engine probably is a little less powerful with warmer temperatures, but I bet the big difference is tire grip.

From what I heard, HT tune is optimized for 60* . I'm sure you are used to the power delivery now. As long as the car is till strong mid to top, I wouldn't worry about breaking the tires loose. Unless, you have a friend at a tire company!

The avg mpg is the readout where the clock and radio readout is. I only reset the tripodometer because its a more acurate way to gauge gas mileage. The computer is about 5-7% optimistic when it comes to gas mileage, and its more accurate for me to gauge how many miles I'm getting until the warning light kicks on
Yes ,I find the avg mpg calc to be 2-3 mpg too optimistic!

Back