What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

they dont make springs as low as me. haha. im on Ksport coil overs.

mazda6075.jpg

rears are all the way down. fronts have about 2.5 more inch's. and could go even lower if i brought down the actual strut in there housings. it ride's fine. i drove it to the 6 national's last year. and did road trips for at least a dozen other meets just last year. i also have front and rear racing beat sway bars with racing beat upgraded endlinks. i store the car through the winter though. and had to replace the front inserts this year after they blew on a trip to chicago at the end of last year. still got a solid 4 years of use out of them though. and the replacement inserts were only $100 bux, and come with a 18 month warranty. :)

Recieved my cat-back exhaust from corksport today :D :D :D

i will also be uploading those pics of my newly powdercoated wheels in the morning as requested lol

So I said I wasn't going to modify the speed6, after having a vf39 wrx wagon and wrecking the trans in it. I took a ride in a friend's speed6 and he has an sri and exhaust. Aside from being able to actually hear the turbo, it felt like there was better throttle response and a little more power. So I broke down and ordered a Cobb sri. I'll probably do a rear motor mount and test pipe and then be done modding.... for now. :)

Threw a CEL on the way to work. P0441 - Insufficient EGR flow. Cleared it with the DH and we'll see if it comes back.

So I said I wasn't going to modify the speed6, after having a vf39 wrx wagon and wrecking the trans in it. I took a ride in a friend's speed6 and he has an sri and exhaust. Aside from being able to actually hear the turbo, it felt like there was better throttle response and a little more power. So I broke down and ordered a Cobb sri. I'll probably do a rear motor mount and test pipe and then be done modding.... for now. :)

I was in the same boat when I bought this car. Now, I have a Cobb SRI+TIP, rear MM, the JBR SS kit and a test pipe. I don't really plan on doing anything else, but from what I've seen, this combination of mods is pretty safe on the car. The last thing I'll probably add is a Dashhawk to keep an eye on things.

Good luck and have fun!

I'm getting an oil change today and washing the car.

Does anyone have an opinion on Kendall motor oil??

You guys are right. There isn't a car out there that can compete with this one for the price. Sure, there may be a few all around better cars. But look to spend over $35k. Also no one knows what a speed 6. I get asked all the time. "Hey, did you install your turbo kit?" And. "Where did you get your body kit, that can't be a factory bumper." Then they ask its an automatic right? No buddy, its a 6 speed.. Then mention that its awd and they think you are starting to make stuff up.

My favorite one is "It's a 4 cyclinder?? I thought it was a v6!" One guy swore I had one. He said there was no way a 4 cylinder could take off that fast.

lol, people think urs is a v6, and people think my car is a speed 6 with a bodykit this is classic, haha

thiss guy on the RX8 forum was like "they twin turbo'ing SPeed 6's now" and i was nah, its not a speed its a V6

Last edited:
Speaking of commercials, wasn't there a sort of bull-fighting themed one for the MS6, with two cars (a red one and a black one IIRC)? Link?

Speaking of commercials, wasn't there a sort of bull-fighting themed one for the MS6, with two cars (a red one and a black one IIRC)? Link?

The one I remember was with the guy and his dog buying a helmet, and he ends up getting a time-trial style one and his dog sticks head out of the MS6 as they take off. I tried finding it on Youtube, but didn't have any luck.

installed 5mm spacers this weekend, looks ok. but i need 5mm more... except i dont trust that the studs are long enough to safely accomodate 10mm.

Yes, i am that desperate to stay with stock wheels but want em close to flush, im one of those weirdos that LIKES the stock MS6 wheels... recondition & painting a light graphite soon!

Back