What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

What type of detailing supplies did you get? I'm looking to fully detail my car in the coming weeks and I'm somewhat new to the whole thing.....

I was going to wash it, clay bar it, use a cleaner wax, then a carnuaba (sp?) wax on the entire thing. Any brands that you recommend?

I picked up a PC 7424XP DA polisher with pad kit (14+ pads total!), Megs M105, Megs M205, Poorboys Natty Blue paste wax, Swissvax wheel brush, Megs Hyper Dressing & spray bottle, and 303 Protectant

Everyone has their own preferences. I like the Klasse products, but the Megs seem to be a cost effective and good choice for light polishing and correction. Poorboys makes some great products too, like their wheel sealant and natty wax. Chemical Guys also has some natural products that work well. Check the detailing section of the forum out, there are guys that can talk about that stuff way more than I can.

I think I will keep the speed6. I have come too far and done to much to get it how I want it to sell it. I only have a year and a half left on payments. It has been pretty reliable for as hard as I beat on it. Finiancially its a lot cheaper to pay this off than to sell it at a loss, sell all my mods at a loss. And then have to continue car payments for another 5 years. Insurance wont be any cheaper on the GTO. Also the GTO won't go too far in the snow... :)

Quick turnaround man. I can't say anything bad about our cars, and I'm extremely happy with mine. I wouldn't be upset to keep it longer either.

I think I will keep the speed6. I have come too far and done to much to get it how I want it to sell it. I only have a year and a half left on payments. It has been pretty reliable for as hard as I beat on it. Finiancially its a lot cheaper to pay this off than to sell it at a loss, sell all my mods at a loss. And then have to continue car payments for another 5 years. Insurance wont be any cheaper on the GTO. Also the GTO won't go too far in the snow... :)

THANK GOD!!!! you're speed6 srsly has a reputation man, it wouldnt be teh same under any other ownership name other thank Quik6!!

I hate to hear all this talk about people letting their speed6 go. It is a super sexy car, fairly rare/unique, and a great mix of luxery & power. A few owners made the initial mistake thinking it was an evo/sti competitor... but not even in the same classes! If anyone ever wants to push 400 hp, they should be talked out of buying the speed6 to begin with.

I understand as tuners, we like to push as much potential out of our cars that we can.
In the end we do actually have pretty clear-cut limits to what the car can handle, despite projects like Racing Roots...

Myself, i will drive my MS6 into the ground or until it gets totalled.
Fell in love with the car when they unveiled it 5 yrs ago @ mazfest and i got to go on an autoX ride-along... and still love it.

cheers

I'll be keeping this car at least until I hit the lottery or have kids. Whichever comes first. Who knows, maybe if I hit the lottery you guys might see the first MS6 with a 1200hp charged V8 in it.

Last edited:
It's really hard to go from this car to something else. Trust me on this. I'm thinking about how to move on from here, but the bar is high.

It's really hard to go from this car to something else. Trust me on this. I'm thinking about how to move on from here, but the bar is high.

I've said it quite a few times... for the price it's nearly impossible to beat this car.

EDIT: I think that this site will be seeing many generations of ownership of these cars for years to come.

I've said it quite a few times... for the price it's nearly impossible to beat this car.

EDIT: I think that this site will be seeing many generations of ownership of these cars for years to come.

Couldn't agree more. If there's a way I can keep this and get my next car (Mustang GT), then I will. I know my sis wants this car, but that won't happen. She's getting a 2002 Millenia S.

if i ever move from this car, sure as hell aint getting an evo or sti.
their interiors would just make me feel like i downgraded.

I'd rather not move into Euro imports, but tahts the only direction i feel is up... BMW or Audi somesuch...*shrug* im thinking 5-8 yrs from now.

I did that with my girlfriend, Kelli, before I replaced the clutch and flywheel. It was pretty brutal haha.

You guys are right. There isn't a car out there that can compete with this one for the price. Sure, there may be a few all around better cars. But look to spend over $35k. Also no one knows what a speed 6. I get asked all the time. "Hey, did you install your turbo kit?" And. "Where did you get your body kit, that can't be a factory bumper." Then they ask its an automatic right? No buddy, its a 6 speed.. Then mention that its awd and they think you are starting to make stuff up.

My favorite one is "It's a 4 cyclinder?? I thought it was a v6!" One guy swore I had one. He said there was no way a 4 cylinder could take off that fast.

This car actually did have a commercial at one time, but I don't think people really caught on.

I agree, to find something comparable, good luck. You're looking at a 335, A4/S4, etc. If you want to go for something better in performance, you're going to take a hit in comfort and the "grand touring" features that make this such a well-rounded car to drive.

Oh well, enjoy it while you can! I washed mine today, and it looks great. Can't wait to clay it and get some polish on it this weekend.

Back