What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

I'm seriously thinking about selling my car and buying a pontiac GTO. Any1 care to buy my car as is? :)

Yeah, i've thought about selling mine lately, too. Only I'm looking at new STis and Evos to replace it. But I'll wait. If we move (we're applying for jobs elsewhere), I'll sell it and get something new at the new place. I'm eying the 2011 Mustang, the 370Z/G37, and even the Camaro, if I can get the big brother box out of it.

I installed set of AWR Motor mounts, AWR trans mount, a set of IT22 plugs, and the Cobb shift weight. Looks like this weekend I'll be installing the OCC to aid with that little oil issue, TWM Stage1 SS, and the SLS Test Pipe.

Im selling my car this year. Not 100% on the replacement but ive got my eye on turbocharged s2000's. 400 safe whp in a light RWD coupe . . . mmmmm Would save a lot of money going this route too.

Evo's on the list but they are way too common and expensive /:

I'd take that fmic or wheels from you, qwik. Haha. I'm trying to start saving for a build. Gonna get an SB this week so I can start tuning. I'm psyched.

I'm seriously thinking about selling my car and buying a pontiac GTO. Any1 care to buy my car as is? :)

I know Phil (JDM-P5) talked about it a while ago, see if he's still interested.

Why a GTO?

Finally got around to ordering my detailing supplies for the year. Hoping to get mine done this weekend if our weather holds out.

Why a GTO?

Finally got around to ordering my detailing supplies for the year. Hoping to get mine done this weekend if our weather holds out.

Thanks. I talked to him a while back about this. I have wanted a GTO since they came out. I was actualy looking at them at the time before I found the speed 6. I thought the insurance would be outrageous so I went with the 6. After I bought it I realized it was 300 a month. The GTO or corvette would actually be a little cheaper for me than the speed6. If I would have done it all over again I wish I would have went with the GTO. I have not driven one so I cant really compare. But 400hp stock with a v8 vs 274 turbo I4. Plus I have done a whole lot of mods and I am still nowhere near 400hp. Plus the fact that I am on the border line of being safe makes be want to demod. I am just tired of having to drive this car like a grandma since the turbo wants to hit 20psi at 2 grand with any decent throttle. Thats a recipe for a bent rod. Also the gears in this car are so short it has gotten very annoying. I also want a car that I can cruise at 80mph and the engine wont be screaming over 3 grand.

Also I don't make a great deal of money. So a new evo or mustang that costs over 30 grand is out of the question. I want to find a car under 20 grand. I am actually considering an automatic. But I dont know yet. Manuals are fun but are annoying when you are in stop and go all the time.

My plan would be to sell my car at atleast 14 grand possible 15. Pay it off and then have some to put down on the new car. I can also part it out back to stock and probably make a bit from that. I think 14 grand is a fair deal. I would leave the downpipe in. I'm not pulling that bastard out again. Sound system would also stay in the car. I have never had any real issues with the car at all. I can't complain. The speed6 has been fair to me.

I know what you mean. Pricing out a 2011 GT with all the options I want is putting me at $38k easy, without discounts or incentives. I'm planning on saving at least $8k for a down payment, plus what I can sell my car for and all my mods as well. I'll get A-plan on it and hopefully bring the payment down to something manageable.

Keep in mind that's a GT Premium with the Premier trim, Comfort pkg, Security pkg, HIDs, Brembo pkg, and Electronics pkg, along with a spoiler delete.

Nice. Good luck with that tuner. I have eyed those and they look very promising. I just found out my pay off and it is A LOT lower than I thought it was. I may come out much better than I thought. I put up the for sale on the cardomain page. I wanna see how many offers I get on it. It is ranked #4 out of all the mazdas on the website. #5 out of all in my state. I get about 1000 hits a week now being at the spot. Hopefully it will catch someone's attention. :)

Hmmm..
15401490691.276693573.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Last edited:
:( everyone is selling or thinking about it, makes me sad..

starting to put the engine bay together soon.. car should be running by the end of the week.

it isn't clean yet, washing my car today then possibly doing the engine this evening or tomorrow. the high for today is only 55 where as tomorrow it will be almost 70.

Good luck with the sale Qwik, I think you'll be happy with the GTO. Sounds like you're like me, you've had your turbo fun, but now it's time for a big boy motor.

Why a GTO?

What type of detailing supplies did you get? I'm looking to fully detail my car in the coming weeks and I'm somewhat new to the whole thing.....

I was going to wash it, clay bar it, use a cleaner wax, then a carnuaba (sp?) wax on the entire thing. Any brands that you recommend?

Last edited:
yeah my next car is definitely a v8 i think. but i just bought a house so i gotta ride the speed6 out a few more years as its almost paid off.

My next car will almost certainly be German. Hopefully an I6/V8/V10 with a BMW roundel on the hood/trunk :D

Still a few years out, though......

took the snow tires off and..... front brakes need changed, rotors and pads. I think I'll have a long talk with my wife about her driving. 47K miles, original rotos that were machined twice already and this will be 3rd set of pads. rear was changed once.
there I vented.

i was going to just paint the exhaust manifold with some VHT 2000 degree header paint, while it was on the car.. decided to take if off.. got it painted and reinstalling it later on tonight, came out really good. thought i was going to be able to take some pictures today but i cant find my SD card.. H&R springs were dropped off by UPS alittle bit ago.. they look Awesome!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D (cabpatch)(cabpatch)(cabpatch)

:( everyone is selling or thinking about it, makes me sad..

I thought the same thing...but, I'm not going anywhere for a while...My 4-year old daughter told me that she wants "daddy's car, not mommy's"...

I guess I'm keeping it for another 12 years...

Qwik, it's funny that you bring up the GTO, because I had a chance to buy one with the 6.0 at the same repo auction I got my 6 at...it went for around 7600...I was this <> close to buying that one instead. But, I'm still happy with my decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
took the snow tires off and..... front brakes need changed, rotors and pads. I think I'll have a long talk with my wife about her driving. 47K miles, original rotos that were machined twice already and this will be 3rd set of pads. rear was changed once.
there I vented.

thats alright... my dealer had put new brakes on the car while it sat on the lot last year... i havent done an oil change yet and the brakes are squealing(unamused)

Back