What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Gave my 5 its 7500-mile service. Geez, that came up fast!

Some notes:

1. First tire rotation, no particular problems noted. Very happy to find the lugs properly torqued, not air-wrenched into far-too-tightness.

2. Dang, these stock wheels/tires are heavy! Alloy or not. Sheesh, where's the linament?

3. Took photos of my 5 in the garage, on jackstands, have oil/filter receipt, photo of odometer "for the record".

4. Nice removing the filter this time, since the last guy who installed it (me!) didn't put it on over-tight.

Ah, the joys of self-maintenance!

What year is your 5? I have a complete OEM remote starter for sale in the marketplace now.

Dang, just saw this. Thanks, actually I'm going for aftermarket as the factory remote on our CX-7 had pretty limited range and two-way signalling would be great too.

Saw "Viper 5901" in your sig, have you been pleased with it?

Dang, just saw this. Thanks, actually I'm going for aftermarket as the factory remote on our CX-7 had pretty limited range and two-way signalling would be great too.

Saw "Viper 5901" in your sig, have you been pleased with it?

Very pleased, I got it off of ebay for about 1/2 the price at shops I called, then it was $125 to have it installed. This one has up to a mile range, and has lots of other really cool things it can do.

102_5184.jpg

102_5184.jpg

102_5179.jpg

102_5175.jpg

102_5187.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Wow Venom, is that the furthest apart that you can put those jacks? I've never jacked mine completely off the ground so I don't know. That doesn't look really safe from behind my computer.

It is really safe, that's the first thing i check everytime i jacked any car, especially when someone else is working with me.

Hmm, OK. I guess that's how I'll jack mine. I live near a big earthquake fault so the first thought when I think about jacking cars is how easily it can fall.

Installed DDM HIDs...

7df1bc5b.jpg

Installed JAF badge. Welded a sandwich bracket to attach through the grill honeycomb.

92ecbd33.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It has been a really good day, nice weather , nice track condition and really nice people. I'm so pride of the work i've done to this 5 to make it like she is now. A really good daily drive with "a bit" of sports car feeling. I was faster than a lot of people expectation lol... expecially the guy with the Black Mazdaspeed 6 LOL.

Just finished installing some new comp speakers in the front doors with some deadener for good measure. Remarkable inprovement over the stock noise makers. Music is clear, has some depth, fullness and hear the different instruments now. Well worth the effort.

cleaned my 5 tonight, 3 kids really make a mess!been wanting to wash the outside, but its been raining so much here the last few days.

Set up an appointment at the dealer for the 5 again.

Going to try and get this front suspension clunk figured out.

Also, I am finally going to get the dang thing cleaned. The winter floor mats are still in, and are really annoying.

Back