What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Anyone using the USB 5v Invisicord on the 2017?
Can I see your wire setup behind the homelink mirror please.

My Viofo A119 is working fine for a couple of hours then suddenly shuts down.
Was wondering if my wiring is correct.

I am using invisicord with a Viofo a119 on a 2017. I had to plug in the contacts on the invisicord into the same ports where the existing homelink wires are, as the open ports below them was not providing power. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

I like them, I've always had window visors on all the cars I've owned so it looked and felt naked without them if I didn't get it for this car. They do seem to create a slight bit of wind noise at certain times, but nothing annoying. I love these OEM ones that mazda makes because they're sleek and very low profile. They have clips that goes into the window weather strip but it seems like the window hits it when closing so I just ripped off all the clips. My mazda3 had the same ones and install went okay, not sure what I did wrong here lol Here's a pic from the side, angle.

34874892914_58dc13e12a_b.jpg

Looking at the photo they do look very slim. I like that as well. How much did they set you back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left the dome light on again. Had to jumpstart it with my jumpstart pack again.

Now I have a check engine light on. (scratch)

When I was driving around for about 30 mins, it took at least 10 before the car was shifting normally again. Manual mode didn't work until it started shifting normally. Then the TCS came back on. Bluetooth and Pandora both were greyed out until I got to my destination turned the car off and turned it on again.

Working from home today, but will have to check it out later to see if check engine is still on.

Last edited:
Left the dome light on again. Had to jumpstart it with my jumpstart pack again.

Now I have a check engine light on. (scratch)

When I was driving around for about 30 mins, it took at least 10 before the car was shifting normally again. Manual mode didn't work until it started shifting normally. Then the TCS came back on. Bluetooth and Pandora both were greyed out until I got to my destination turned the car off and turned it on again.

Working from home today, but will have to check it out later to see if check engine is still on.
Please keep us updated sir. Is this the 2016.5 or the 2017? This worries me a lot because SkyActiv iStop engines are suppose to have large deep cycle batteries that costs an arm.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Maybe the battery is getting bad. I had the same thing happen, to my dashcam (Mini 0805). These batteries don't last long at all. Mine it was less than two years old. Also a corrupted SD card, can be the issue.

Maybe the battery is getting bad. I had the same thing happen, to my dashcam (Mini 0805). These batteries don't last long at all. Mine it was less than two years old. Also a corrupted SD card, can be the issue.
Possibly. I've killed it in this manner so many times in the last 4 years.

Also...SD card?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There's a big chance those are battery problems
Couldn't hold the charge longer. Dome light left open overnight should not be a issue for healthy batteries. My condolences to your battery. [emoji16] It has lived a life of purpose, of servitude to you and your family. It has given you miles of road trips and happiness. Kudos to your battery.

[emoji56]

You can try reformatting the card. It there is a bad sector, it will stop recording. Or, try another card. If it still happens, then you will need another battery.
I mean dash cam's battery, not the car's battery. At least mine, has a Lipo battery in it.

I am using invisicord with a Viofo a119 on a 2017. I had to plug in the contacts on the invisicord into the same ports where the existing homelink wires are, as the open ports below them was not providing power. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Thank you, looking forward to it!

There's a big chance those are battery problems
Couldn't hold the charge longer. Dome light left open overnight should not be a issue for healthy batteries. My condolences to your battery. [emoji16] It has lived a life of purpose, of servitude to you and your family. It has given you miles of road trips and happiness. Kudos to your battery.

[emoji56]

Yeah my thought as well. I've killed it leaving the dome light on overnight at least 2-8 times/year for 4 years... :(

You can try reformatting the card. It there is a bad sector, it will stop recording. Or, try another card. If it still happens, then you will need another battery.
I mean dash cam's battery, not the car's battery. At least mine, has a Lipo battery in it.

Sorry, I don't know what SD card you are referring to.

Road trip to Houston/Galveston and back to Dallas. Got my best tank so far at 29.1 mpg driving from Dallas to Houston, where highway cruising speeds ranged from 65-80 mph. Don't know what the mpg is yet for the drive back to Dallas. It was only me, my wife and our 1 year old, but the car was loaded with other stuff for our trip. Passing power was decent and at times surprised me, especially considering temps were close if not over 100F. The Anker Roav dashcam worked fine under the summer heat as well. Didn't fall off the windshield and always turned on no matter how hot it got in the car, and it got really hot to the point where I could not hold it with my bare hands to insert the memory card.

Sidenote: I found that the best way to pass with the CX-5 at speeds above 70 mph is to start accelerating/going WOT while still behind the vehicle you are passing, then switch over to the left lane once the car has overcome the inertia of cruising and RPM is rising quickly and the car is already making power. Even at speeds above 75 mph, where I feel that the CX-5 starts to feel underpowered, doing this sort of gives it an extra pep that wasn't there before. (In the past, the way I used to pass at highway speeds was to switch lanes then go WOT or go WOT while switching lanes. This old style of passing feels/seems slower than the new way of passing that I've tried.)

Dropped mine off to get the back window replaced. They gave me a new (14 miles) CX-5 Sport for my loaner. Wondering if they have me blacklisted from the MX-5 after the 350 miles I put on it in 9 hours.

Dropped mine off to get the back window replaced. They gave me a new (14 miles) CX-5 Sport for my loaner. Wondering if they have me blacklisted from the MX-5 after the 350 miles I put on it in 9 hours.
I believe the MX-5 is too popular to get it as the loaner. ;)

BTW, what happened to your back window?

I believe the MX-5 is too popular to get it as the loaner. ;)

BTW, what happened to your back window?

I noticed a few days after picking it up that the defroster had some discoloration. When I took it in for the first service, they tested it and rather than use conductive paint, they are replacing the whole window. Took them about a week to get the glass in and said their glass guy prefers having the car all day.

Back