What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Transported my bees back home in the trunk

Took my bees for a lift home after a stay at the airfield

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 236
Went to dealership...

Bought Mazda oil + filter for $55... Asked about how much an Engine Air Filter was and they told me $27 (probably $5+ markup)..

At first, if I didn't mentioned that last time I only paid $55 and they wanted me to show proof, otherwise I would have been charged $65 just for the oil and filter. Huge markups and I wasn't even allow to use my coupon even though it said "Save now on Genuine Mazda Parts and Services" and the coupon was directly from Mazda or that dealer from my email. Damn.. this dealer sucks...

Also went to the service department to ask about mirror vibration and my A/C blowing through leg vents even when not selected.. Told me to schedule appointment but I guess that's typical of any dealership, making you have an appointment before they can do anything...

What parts of the car are you seeing chips on? I put a clear bra on mine to address front end issues. I haven't see any so far on rest of the body. I am sure that will change this winter when I am going over the winter passes.

bumper, hood, mirrosr 2 rust spots on roof, 2 on hood (covered) and now the sides and even the rear door?? Nothing like the 2 previous ford escaped I owned, nothing compared to any of the other car's in the household, which are older. I have a hodgepodge of little white (primer exposed) specs and specs of touch up everywhere. From a distance it just looks like bug specs.

Installed my Tanabe strut bar. No big deal, I followed the pictures on the instructions since my Japanese is just a bit rusty. Main thing was the torque settings, they are in Newton-meters but that was no issue as my torque wrench has the conversion on it. I did promise pictures but Flickr has changed things since I uploaded a picture last and I can't see how to get to the URL I need for posting a picture. It will come. At least now I have some maroon on the vehicle.

Installed my Tanabe strut bar. No big deal, I followed the pictures on the instructions since my Japanese is just a bit rusty. Main thing was the torque settings, they are in Newton-meters but that was no issue as my torque wrench has the conversion on it. I did promise pictures but Flickr has changed things since I uploaded a picture last and I can't see how to get to the URL I need for posting a picture. It will come. At least now I have some maroon on the vehicle.
use imgur.com quicker and gives you like 5 premade link options. you can make an account or not.

Installed a Lexerd screen protector I got from Amazon. Perfect fit.

Installed a Lexerd screen protector I got from Amazon. Perfect fit.

I'm disappointed in how badly the fingerprints show up on the Mazda screen. The nav screen on our Camry is much more resistant to smudges/fingerprints.

Installed the UR front/rear subframe braces. Point of warning, I was doing it with the vehicle on the ground. I had no problem with the front brace, but when I removed the second nut on the rear the subframe dropped (actually I believe the rear of the vehicle went high). Put it back in place with a jack and finished things up. So just be aware that you have to support that rear subframe even though you are just removing two of the nuts.

After 5,000 miles, my DIY mesh screen grille guard had a breach. It was experimental, so I expected this. I removed the bottom plastic covers and brace and reinforced it and now it is flush to the bumper. So, now it is somewhat visible as opposed to hidden. The upper mesh is still behind the main large opening (hidden) without a breach. Look at some of the bugs and trash it saved my radiator and condenser. I hope they are thankful [emoji5]️
a5yhusuh.jpg
y8u5e9e5.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the UR front/rear subframe braces. Point of warning, I was doing it with the vehicle on the ground. I had no problem with the front brace, but when I removed the second nut on the rear the subframe dropped (actually I believe the rear of the vehicle went high). Put it back in place with a jack and finished things up. So just be aware that you have to support that rear subframe even though you are just removing two of the nuts.
yea.. those nuts are pretty much all that holds the rear subframe to th e chassis. Lol, except in the case of the awd the diff is attatched to it. If you had a fwd and did thay you could have got hurt for real

Finally received the following in the mail today from Japan:

● OEM Mazda Japan Push Start Button with satin semi-chrome trim (I need to figure out how to remove the one the CX-5 came with. Help anyone?)
●AutoEXE red billet oil cap. Installed immediately and fits well and look great!

I also received the DRL LED P13W bulbs from China. Installed them right away. Took less than a minute for both sides. Fits well and looks great!

I also had a flat in one of the tires, Screw went right into the shoulder, thus deemed unrepairable. So it was an excuse to install my Forgestar CF5 Forged Alloy Wheels in 20 x 9.5 size and 30mm offset , wrapped with Michelin Latitude Sport 255/45/20 tires. Handling has improved and the stance is aggressive. I definitely also noticed the lighter unsprung weight of the forged wheels and tire combo. Makes a difference for sure!

Installed wheel Pics? and whats your review on gas mileage and power transplant with light 20" and 255's ? Im looking at a similar package 20x8.5 TSW Nurburgring w/ 255/45/20 Nitto NT850 (CUV low rolling resistance tire). Overall the package would be slightly lighter than stock 19"s but maybe more drag from larger road contact 255 vs 225. Style wise l like TSW donnington better for my CWP 14 GT AWD but worried I will loose performance and MPG with ~32lbs vs ~23.5lbs wheel. thanks in advance!

Installed wheel Pics? and whats your review on gas mileage and power transplant with light 20" and 255's ? Im looking at a similar package 20x8.5 TSW Nurburgring w/ 255/45/20 Nitto NT850 (CUV low rolling resistance tire). Overall the package would be slightly lighter than stock 19"s but maybe more drag from larger road contact 255 vs 225. Style wise l like TSW donnington better for my CWP 14 GT AWD but worried I will loose performance and MPG with ~32lbs vs ~23.5lbs wheel. thanks in advance!

+1 pics please. Marc, I too, have an interest in the Nurburgring, in gunmetal or bronze. I like the low weight and looks, but disliking how common they are (on other vehicles). (ughdance)

Regardless of wheel weight, expect a acceleration or mpg hit of some sort from a larger wheel/wider tire. Unless you are getting a heaver thabstock wheel, I wouldn't worry about Iit. I've had 2 sets of aftermarket wheels. Same tires, one wheel is 27lb the old were like 32 or 33. I didn't make a noticeable differnce between the two tbh.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thought I would be the first to try these taillight assemblies. Its the pricepoint that I was waiting for. Seller advised that I should receive it in 7-10 business days. I will have to post my feedback about them as well as pics sometime next month.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Finally figured things out, here are some pictures of the Tanabe front strut bar. Note the bracket goes all the way around the strut mounts using all three studs. It sits on three rings above the tower.
14876187579_cc70f15f27_z.jpg

15062551492_80afe4d2ef_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back