What have you done to your CX-5 today?

3100lb unbraked tall trailer + 3000lb mz3 + bottomed out rear? seems safe and logical
10402696_10154331616945377_2789279547474000647_n.jpg

let see how well the rear brakes on a mz3 work in an emergency situation stopping 6000lb (because the front won't be doing much)..

Last edited:
You will probably need to replace the muffler o-ring seal.
I wouldn't; most likely the one you get from the dealer won't fit as well and it will seem like it isn't flush. Verdict I came to after 3 seals from 2 different dealers. The broken in ring is the best lol.

Took her to get her windows tinted. It's been a productive week. Plasti dipped the wheels anthracite gray. Painted red calipers. Blacked out emblems and roof rack. Bought cargo cover and cargo hard liner. 30% ceramic tint all over. So on top of the factory, the rear looks like 15%. It's amazing the difference of heat between the stock 0% tint windshield and the newly tinted side windows.

Road trip to Vegas this weekend. So stoked. Will get a real good highway mpg reading too. With my lead foot, I get around 19 city, 29-30 highway.
ysu5ahav.jpg

Muffler O-ring seal was fine...maybe I have too few miles for it to matter. I'm not hearing any unusual exhaust noise and I torqued it back up to factory specs according to FSM.

The hitch however was a real pain... it took me 4 hours at that and probably longer if I had not take the muffler off. I was doing it by myself so that didn't help. Good thing the garage door was closed as I am sure the neighbors would not have been pleased with the 4 letter expletives during the course of the install. The brackets that are used on this hitch toward rear of CX had so much paint in the screw holes it took me 1/2 hour just to clean the pain out so they would properly thread. It was one of those.. what I thought would be easy was hard and hard was easy...generally anyway. It is on there now and not coming off. I used painters tape everywhere along the bumper so I wouldn't accidentally scratch anything. Pulling the muffler off was pretty easy. I used some silicon based liquid wrench that was supposed to be safe on rubber. Using some floor jacks to support various things also helped.

I'll probably wait a week or two before I do the trailer wiring. I want go out at drive it and won't be towing anything for a while.

I do notice the Yakima rack does contribute to wind noise. I wonder if it would be noisier or quieter, while unloaded, without the front pane/deflector on there? I though I read someone say it would be noisier. It is definitely quite a bit noisier with sunroof open. The noise is not too big of deal since I generally have the radio up.

I just want to clarify something for you, to save you possible future problems. What you are talking about is a gasket (I've seen that type called a donut gasket). An O-ring is round, true enough, but it is made out of some type of rubber and has a round cross-section. If you went to a parts place asking for a muffler O-ring, hard telling what you would get.

Put my aem in the washer lol (air drying). We will see how it performs.. Regular cleaning not getting the creases well. Also washed the pre filter which blew dust as I pulled it off lol.

Installed a new P13W LED Lighting system for the DRLs. Lumens is 2000lm at 6000K color. Very Nice! Significantly brighter than the LED bulbs I initially put in.

I will have to post pics of all my upgrades soon!

Next and perhaps final upgrades are interior LEDs, strut tower bar and other bars to further stiffen the chassis.

Edge Auto Sport is having a 10% off sale on RSBs this week.

Use code: SwayLess

I ordered one for my CX5.

http://www.edgeautosport.com/catego...archy=2014/Mazda/CX-5&filter.brand=JBR&page=1

Man.. I'm weary of those.. C/S ended up changing their bars to the one piece type and replacing the broken 3 piece type (as the JBR is) because they were breaking. Well it has a lifetime warranty. Hopefully you won't have those issue. Personally I've had issues with the brackets (generic energy suspension) bending. I was in a money crunch b/c of my pilot license but now I'm about to re-order the Hotchkiss brackets. If you would, let me know what type of brackets yours come with.

Today, installed Hella Supertone Horns, installed Rokblokz Mud Flaps, installed DDM tuning HIDs (4300k lows/ 5000k fogs), and picked up the OEM Cargo Box.

yruqaded.jpg

Man.. I'm weary of those.. C/S ended up changing their bars to the one piece type and replacing the broken 3 piece type (as the JBR is) because they were breaking. Well it has a lifetime warranty. Hopefully you won't have those issue. Personally I've had issues with the brackets (generic energy suspension) bending. I was in a money crunch b/c of my pilot license but now I'm about to re-order the Hotchkiss brackets. If you would, let me know what type of brackets yours come with.

I don't expect the JBR RSB to have the same issues. Some CS V1 RSBs had crappy welds and that's why they broke. I broke a V1 on my MS3 just daily driving, but CS replaced it with a V2. I ended up selling that and getting a JBR .250 trutorsion bar. I had a CS V1 RSB on my MZ3 SA and it doesn't show any signs of damage. Also, I haven't read about about any of the JBR RSBs snapping at the welds. I'm sure it'll be fine and I can count on JBR to replace it if something happens.

Back