What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Bought the Ultra Racing front and rear under braces.

Plastidipped the gas door yesterday but I'm not sold on it. I'm going to keep it for a few days and then decide whether or not to take it off.

20140804_161459_Android.jpg

Last edited:
being cheap right now so I washed and dried the cabin filter. it did not fall apart lol. Also you can wash the mats with no worries on cold and hang dry it.

Bought the Ultra Racing front and rear under braces.
s*** dude I hope you didn't buy both rears only the aft brace will fit AWD. btw you should get the STB so you have a squared brace also if you don't mind where did you buy them?

Last edited:
Finally received the following in the mail today from Japan:

● OEM Mazda Japan Push Start Button with satin semi-chrome trim (I need to figure out how to remove the one the CX-5 came with. Help anyone?)
●AutoEXE red billet oil cap. Installed immediately and fits well and look great!

I also received the DRL LED P13W bulbs from China. Installed them right away. Took less than a minute for both sides. Fits well and looks great!

I also had a flat in one of the tires, Screw went right into the shoulder, thus deemed unrepairable. So it was an excuse to install my Forgestar CF5 Forged Alloy Wheels in 20 x 9.5 size and 30mm offset , wrapped with Michelin Latitude Sport 255/45/20 tires. Handling has improved and the stance is aggressive. I definitely also noticed the lighter unsprung weight of the forged wheels and tire combo. Makes a difference for sure!

Last edited:
I also had a flat in one of the tires, Screw went right into the shoulder, thus deemed unrepairable. So it was an excuse to install my Forgestar CF5 Forged Alloy Wheels in 20 x 9.5 size and 30mm offset , wrapped with Michelin Latitude Sport 255/45/20 tires. Handling has improved and the stance is aggressive. I definitely also noticed the lighter unsprung weight of the forged wheels and tire combo. Makes a difference for sure!

Pics!

s*** dude I hope you didn't buy both rears only the aft brace will fit AWD. btw you should get the STB so you have a squared brace also if you don't mind where did you buy them?

Thanks for looking out. I did my research (including what you have posted) so I knew the front rear brace wouldn't work. I bought them off eBay (think it was directly from UR). I bought a Tanabe front strut bar a couple of weeks ago so that's all taken care of.

Speaking of research, I've been looking into bushings for the rear sway bar, since I'm going with the Corksport (the JBR rear is too thick for me, I'm afraid the ride will suffer too much). The purpose of the bushings is to located the sway bar. It needs to be able to move freely within the bushings, a little drag is ok but you don't want too much. One place I went to said it shouldn't be more than 0.5 mm less in diameter than the bar. Given that, I have found the Lexus GS300/400 came with a front bar of 28.5 mm (same size as the Corksport). Unfortunately I haven't yet found a bushing kit (including the brackets) only replacement bushings, and since I know my local junkyard doesn't have any Lexi I have no avenue to source the brackets. Several manufacturers do offer a 28 mm bushing kit though so I'll probably end up going with that.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking out. I did my research (including what you have posted) so I knew the front rear brace wouldn't work. I bought them off eBay (think it was directly from UR). I bought a Tanabe front strut bar a couple of weeks ago so that's all taken care of.

Speaking of research, I've been looking into bushings for the rear sway bar, since I'm going with the Corksport (the JBR rear is too thick for me, I'm afraid the ride will suffer too much). The purpose of the bushings is to located the sway bar. It needs to be able to move freely within the bushings, a little drag is ok but you don't want too much. One place I went to said it shouldn't be more than 0.5 mm less in diameter than the bar. Given that, I have found the Lexus GS300/400 came with a front bar of 28.5 mm (same size as the Corksport). Unfortunately I haven't yet found a bushing kit (including the brackets) only replacement bushings, and since I know my local junkyard doesn't have any Lexi I have no avenue to source the brackets. Several manufacturers do offer a 28 mm bushing kit though so I'll probably end up going with that.

Well, the JBR bar wont fit AWD, and it has a design similar to the old C/S bars (the 3 piece) which were having problems breaking at the ends.. The generic style brackets included with the C/S bar are prone to bend, it may be because they are just cheap kind, or because the OD is 1", and too tight (bar is 28mm ~1.1") for the bracket. I ordered these
tn-heavy-duty-billet-sway-bar-bushing-bracketsproductpromo_pic.jpg
to replace mine as I am on the 2nd set of the generic style bracket and it's bent again. Those are 1.06" so they are less tight but still gripping the bar. I was offered to refund the order though because it was taking 2 weeks and I needed tor redirect those funds anyways. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Cleaned up the interior yesterday. Was going to do the outside too. But then the forecast said rain for the next couple days so I'll hold that off for the weekend.

btw those are the generic brackets that come with the bar, which do not hold up well.

Again, it's all about having the correct size. I had an upgraded rear sway with bushing relocation brackets on my Protege, it used ES urethane bushings with those very same brackets. I corner hard, and my son who has the car now does the same. Those brackets still look like they did the day I installed them. I have had aftermarket bushings on my Miata which is cornered even harder, same non-issue with the brackets. I can't remember which thread it was you posted in, but IIRC you said the bushings that Corksport included with the bar were 4mm or so too small. That is enough to put stress on the bushings (and therefore the brackets) so I'm not surprised you had problems.

I got the dealer to throw on OEM cross bars today and plan to order the OEM Cargo Box.

I also ordered new tires for my Rays RE30, 18x7.5 +50, that came off my MS3 a while back. I went with Yokohama Parada SpecX 235/60 R18. My friend had them on his Rav4 and he recommended them to me. The reviews on TireRack were positive too.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...36VR8PSX&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I also ordered https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned).

It has been a SPENDy morning for me. My wallet is sad, but the CX5 will be happy.

I also ordered new tires for my Rays RE30, 18x7.5 +50, that came off my MS3 a while back.

It has been a SPENDy morning for me. My wallet is sad, but the CX5 will be happy.

ET50? Isn't that stock offset? I'm excited to see them mounted. Those kicks are legit.

Got the fronts tinted. The shop used Matico 30% film and it's pretty close to the rears.

esa5a3yp.jpg

How long did the tinting take? Thinking of doing it, but hoping I can find a place and schedule an apt and just wait while then put it on.

It is, but those wheels are also .5 inch wider. Hopefully it wont be sunk in looking.

I have 15mm spacers I could throw on there, if I don't like the look. I'm also considering using the VMR v702s, 18x8.5 +45. They're just way heavier at about 24.6 lbs vs the Rays at 16 lbs.

How long did the tinting take? Thinking of doing it, but hoping I can find a place and schedule an apt and just wait while then put it on.

I dropped it off at 9am and they called me to get it at 10:30am. I'm sure it would have been done faster, if there weren't other cars ahead of me.

Nextgen tuing on a certain mirageforum I like to visit that is looking at setting up a Tein GB. I think he may be doing a Ultra Racing GB again as he did 2 before. I will pm the link if anyone was interested.

Yesterday did the F&R mud flaps and Yakima rack. Tomorrow doing the hitch. Looking at eTrailer video for '14 CX-5 it looks like it is easier completely taking off the muffler so plan to do that.
You will probably need to replace the muffler o-ring seal.

Back