What have you done to your CX-5 today?

15mi51g.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. I spent over 600 on led tails from japan then they leaked. Got the Taiwan version for less than half from Ebay to replace. Only difference was the red side reflector vs clear on Japan version.

Changed the oil.

Changing the oil in the CX is so easy! It's the second easiest car to change oil in that I've ever had (my Silverado is the easiest ever). I don't even have to put it up on stands, I just drive it up on two scrap pieces of 2x10 and just that lil extra bit of room is all I need to work underneath.

Changed the oil.

Changing the oil in the CX is so easy! It's the second easiest car to change oil in that I've ever had (my Silverado is the easiest ever). I don't even have to put it up on stands, I just drive it up on two scrap pieces of 2x10 and just that lil extra bit of room is all I need to work underneath.
I'll be changing mine on Saturday. I need the ramps lol.

I completely removed the rear spoiler, applied VC3 to all bolts, applied 3M tape to contact areas of the black little "winglets" on the sides, and bolted everything back down.

The vibration noise continues minimally abated.

This is a design flaw by Mazda, caused when the black "winglets" flutter against the rear window under certain resonances. The only fix I can think of is to use black floor protector stick-ons applied to the window under the tips of the winglets. This is removable and "low impact" and will solve the issue 100%. Of note, when I removed the spoiler, the bolts holding the winglets on were NOT loose. Nor is there any 3M tape anywhere in the assembly, contrary to what you may have seen on online diagrams.

Good looking light. I agree, the Touring version taillights were a joke, that is why I spent a bit more and got the Grand Touring. Them Japs aren't stupid, put the crap stuff on the lesser model and gringos will pay more to get better. Good luck with the lights. Hope they don't leak.

I forced the dealer to install my class 1 hitch (bike rack use only) as part of "the deal", that and a set of all weather Mazda mats for front and passenger (They are not near as nice as WeatherTech ones).

Back