What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Another advantage of dedicated Winter tires that never occurred to me until today: being able to thouroughly wash them every change...
ceca5c2e24043575e743ab16739664eb.jpg

Not today specifically, but more like drawn out over a few days...

But, new pads and rotors and a fluid flush.

Got all the pads and rotors in, just need to finish with the flush tomorrow by use of a Motive Power Bleeder.

A few interesting observations, with 85K miles on the odo...

Rear driver side pads were still decent - maybe 30 percent. Both fronts were maybe 50 percent. The rear passanger side were totally roasted, and worn at an angle (tapered appearance when observing pads' profile). I was expecting this going in, as the pads have been very vocal for...too long. This was the driving force behind the brake job, in addition to significant shimmy in the steering wheel while braking at freeway speed. What I thought was interesting was the pins weren't dry. They weren't worn. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary.

Anyway...don't neglect like me. I feel like had I tackled the pin issues thousands of miles ago (and flushed fluid routinely), I could've gone well beyond 100K with OE.

Changed my oil, replaced an improper ohm'd oil pressure sender gauge for a properly ohm'd unit (my gauge would shoot to 100). And someone spotted my car and posted it on a local mazda fb page lol.

ma5nUK8.jpg

Another advantage of dedicated Winter tires that never occurred to me until today: being able to thouroughly wash them every change...
ceca5c2e24043575e743ab16739664eb.jpg

Looks great! I do the same thing when I rotate the wheels. Not as convenient of course and it makes it a 4 beer operation.

Torqued calipers and pins to spec, completed flush with a dot 4 fluid this morning, and followed through with a proper bed in procedure (which made me nauseous). Off to the races. Next, a new set of tires.

Now, attention turned to one of my other autos in dire need of maintence. XD

Happy motoring.

Perfect for the black.

How much did that set you back?

It was a $1800 option. Im pretty sure theyre just katskinz, which run $800. The extra $1000 is worth the installation, peace of mind that if they every bunch or defect theyre covered under warranty, and they fit perfectly.

Got a nail in my rear driver tire. :(

Hopefully they'll fix it. Looks like it's in a repairable area (a.k.a. a spot where the tire shop will repair) to me.

Last edited:
Back