What have you done to your CX-5 today?

isketerol should just admit that he had no clue what "ricer" meant and that he has believed it to be a racial pejorative for no reason other than his own unconscious bias.

isketerol should just admit that he had no clue what "ricer" meant and that he has believed it to be a racial pejorative for no reason other than his own unconscious bias.

I am very well aware what "ricer" means as I live in the Toronto area where that term was used extensively in the early 2000's to describe a certain type of person driving a Honda Civic coupe that was modified to give an impression that it was a different type of vehicle. I am also very much aware of other terms that involve "rice" that can be used to describe myself and others. I don't care for them.

In so far as definitions are concerned, take the time to look at the Wikipedia article linked here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

The point of this is that we should be here to share information, stories, and insights. We shouldn't be here to make rude comments about each other. Can we please act as adults?

Last edited:
I am very well aware what "ricer" means as I live in the Toronto area where that term was used extensively in the early 2000's to describe a certain type of person driving a Honda Civic coupe that was modified to give an impression that it was a different type of vehicle. I am also very much aware of other terms that involve "rice" that can be used to describe myself and others. I don't care for them.

In so far as definitions are concerned, take the time to look at the Wikipedia article linked here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

The point of this is that we should be here to share information, stories, and insights. We shouldn't be here to make rude comments about each other. Can we please act as adults?

oh my...

(outie) alright don't want people getting ganged on. It's clear where people stand, lets move on (group)

So...

Last Friday, took CX-5 to dealership to get annual safety inspection done. Free snacks and free carwash.

In Dallas area we have nice but short spring and fall weather lasting about a month for each season. Unfortunately the unpredictable severe weather would come from time to time during these seasons, along with large hail and tornado. Our 2016 CX-5 has been suffered severe hail damage with broken windshield twice in past 3 years, and the roof of our house has totaled 3 times in 5 years. We got kicked out by the insurance company because of these hail damages on CX-5 and house although definitely these were not our fault.

Yesterday late afternoon we had another severe weather with tornado warning passing by in Collin County and surrounding area including Plano. At the time the temperature was 83F/28C, but this morning at 11 the temperature has fallen to 34F/1C! Luckily our CX-5 escaped yet another hail damage as some large hail had been falling just 5 miles north of our house!

Many cars were trying to hide underneath a highway overpass due to large hail falling:
attachment.php

3” teacup-sized hail falling in Celina about 12 miles north of our area:
attachment.php

Hail falling on a friend’s house in Plano about 5 miles north from us:
attachment.php

It was 34F falling from 83F yesterday while driving our CX-5 this morning at 11 o’clock:
attachment.php

47556A78-1445-447A-A969-BBCCC943F759.png3687CD38-6104-478E-9296-672F13AB6DEE.pngDF218466-B275-4209-8962-E8D4A6871E56.pngCA0CEF14-CCE7-4922-B4E5-84A12C8B1699.png

Last edited:
In Dallas area we have nice but short spring and fall weather lasting about a month for each season. Unfortunately the unpredictable severe weather would come from time to time during these seasons, along with large hail and tornado. Our 2016 CX-5 has been suffered severe hail damage with broken windshield twice in past 3 years, and the roof of our house has totaled 3 times in 5 years. We got kicked out by the insurance company because of these hail damages on CX-5 and house although definitely these were not our fault.

Yesterday late afternoon we had another severe weather with tornado warning passing by in Collin County and surrounding area including Plano. At the time the temperature was 83F/28C, but this morning at 11 the temperature has fallen to 34F/1C! Luckily our CX-5 escaped yet another hail damage as some large hail had been falling just 5 miles north of our house!

Many cars were trying to hide underneath a highway overpass due to large hail falling:
[I

Installed my new floor mats and cleaned her up a bit. First wash since I bout it a couple weeks ago.
I like the way they look all cleaned up.
5acd1926feae7fe42e98c751f7992f1e.jpg

Latest posts

Back