What have you done to your CX-5 today?

no but next time I'm over there ill take one.. don't let the size of those inlets fool you.. the actual ports on the transmission are like 1-1.5mm diameter.. like half the diameter of the bolt holes on the oil cooler itself. there are two bolt plugs on the top of the case that are unused and I think one on the side.. ill take more pics next time
I believe you meant 1~1.5 cm diameter?

And it took this long to get your transmission replaced? Do you plan to take apart your broken transmission and trying to figure out what happened? :)

I believe you meant 1~1.5 cm diameter?

And it took this long to get your transmission replaced? Do you plan to take apart your broken transmission and trying to figure out what happened? :)

No, the old trans was sitting at the shop for a few weeks, and probably.

Heard a beeping noise tonight when my son was driving to work. It was the TPMS light. Got home and did a walk around and found this in the PS rear tire.

Have a feeling no one will want to fix it due to location so I might be looking into the warranty and buying one pro rated. That will be a first.
a5a75cb7e07304c8aeb25d769f6076dd.jpg

Heard a beeping noise tonight when my son was driving to work. It was the TPMS light. Got home and did a walk around and found this in the PS rear tire.

Have a feeling no one will want to fix it due to location so I might be looking into the warranty and buying one pro rated. That will be a first.
Eep, never fun. How worn are the tires?

Yea, I had a garage tell me once that they don't patch sidewalls because it's dangerous to do so. Had them do it anyway. I drove that sidewall patched tire for another 2 years.

The shop that I had owned would never patch that, no matter what the customer claims or wants. I don't need that liability.

Yea, I had a garage tell me once that they don't patch sidewalls because it's dangerous to do so. Had them do it anyway. I drove that sidewall patched tire for another 2 years.

I patched a similar spot with a diy kit for the same reason, drove them until I got new tires lol..

Yeah, no one is gonna want to repair that so close to the sidewall. If you change one, I'd change the other too, even if it costs a couple $$$ to get it done. If the tread depth is down too much, road-hazard warranty might not cover it. I ran into that problem with some (admittedly smoked) rear tires on my old Genesis. The outside edge was just barely good, but the mild camber I was running had worn down the inside section past the wear indicators and they wouldn't replace the nail-stricken tire under warranty, had to buy 2 new rears since they were both worn similarly. :(

It is technically dangerous to do it. But hey, if you got away with it, kudos, hahaha.

2 weeks ago, installed Xpel on door edges. 10 feet is short so I bought a new set from Amazon. 100 feet. Good enough for 6 vehicles.

21d441a02dd2a299118fafb20396b801.jpg

But wait, there's more! The Xpel arrived with this:

06a22ef4c0a71f38d7315463bbc98da9.jpg

Stopped at a local shop on Saturday who fixed the tire with a patch plug.

I know its in an iffy spot but I monitor tire pressure regularly and will monitor this tire a bit more.

I feel confident with it as the same shop repaired a snow tire for me years ago that was in the same area. Tire lasted another four seasons with no issues.

I know its in an iffy spot but I monitor tire pressure regularly and will monitor this tire a bit more.

Well, I have read that punctures in the sidewall or shoulder area does increase the chances for a tire blowout, which is the reason most place won't attempt to repair punctures in those areas and recommend the tire be replaced.

I feel confident with it as the same shop repaired a snow tire for me years ago that was in the same area. Tire lasted another four seasons with no issues.
It'll be fine. That type of repair used to be common place until liability concerns came to overshadow common sense.

Hi @CTt3P5,
I think if you trust your guys, you will do fine.
As many members mentioned, liability and the urge to make more dough in a new tire than the repair is what the tire shops go after.
I had a puncture once in a trip and not only was patched from the inside, but also was fitted with an inner tube. That tire lasted for another year and a half until the car was sold without any problem at all.

Back