What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Still waiting for the mirror cover so I can get it into the body shop. Supposedly the cover is coming from California. Its been two weeks today since they wrote estimate and they are telling me it will be at least a week if not two before they get it in hand. Time to see if I can get it faster.

Take it from someone who recently had $10k worth of bodywork done to their CX-5, there is something very deficient (that's putting it kindly!) about Mazda's parts distribution system. My car was in the shop for over a month and much of that was due to parts delays.

Hello everyone! New member here. I picked up my CX-5 GT over a month ago and have done some subtle aesthetic mods to it since then. Mostly applying 3M 1080 matte black vinyl to the window trim. Matte black tint to the third brake light. LED upgrade to my interior (ebay kit) and exterior lighting. Finally found a built-in resistor LED bulb from iJDMtoy that fit in the housing with no problem. The rear pic shows incandescent (left) versus LED (right). Been really liking the new model and materials used throughout. It feels very well built and solid for the value. It's complimented my transition into fatherhood very well. Hope you like the pics.

5fd12a034ab5cfcedb3dac21d419b30c.jpg

Why did you cover up the rear reflectors?

I'll get more of the rear another time. She needs a bath after driving in the rain today.

I think the color is absolutely gorgeous and suits the car perfectly. Contrast with wheels, grile and lower black ornaments is amazing. your chrome conceal mod is the icing - it just extends the concept and flow...love it
There were some comments about silver being either bland, common or only fit for higher end cars - don't think so, not on this car, no.

thx,
thd

I think the color is absolutely gorgeous and suits the car perfectly. Contrast with wheels, grile and lower black ornaments is amazing. your chrome conceal mod is the icing - it just extends the concept and flow...love it
There were some comments about silver being either bland, common or only fit for higher end cars - don't think so, not on this car, no.

thx,
thd

Agree, thanks and you're welcome! Some subtle mods can always be done to improve looks. Just depends on the car itself. I'm looking to try clear plasti dip on the chrome emblems and front bar to give them a brushed look.

@Nelson: I'm going to guess Belgium. That is a great name. Skycruise. Lol. Love it. Really odd (and disappointing in the US) how they name vehicles for different markets.

Latest posts

Back