What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I would have to agree, had a 94 Accord and 97 Civic and 98 Integra

My son just traded in his 97 civic for an 03 Accord....nice car, but man, that generation was the beginning of the ugly duckling cars

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Pretty much always been anti-Honda. ;) LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty much always been anti-Honda. ;) LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not me. Honda is a great car. My first (and only) was the first gen '78 Accord. I had come from air cooled VW's. I kept the Accord for 13 years and put 224,000 miles on it. Had to rebuild the manual 5sp tranny and did valve guides but 5 New England winters pretty much did the body in. Was a solid piece of rust when I got rid of it. Everyone who rode in it was impressed.

Sister just got her 3rd CR-V and loves them. She started out with a '74 Corolla then nothing but Hondas.

After my Accord I went with a '91 Mazda B-2600i 2 wheel drive w/auto. 24 years later I got my current '15 CX-5 and in 3 days pick up my '17 CX-5. I did look at the '17 CR-V, liked the interior room but the new CX-5 just blows it away for exterior styling. The CR-V still has a ways to go to catch up to the Mazda's driveability.

The late 80 through late 90's Honda ATVs are the best ones ever made. Still prefer a late 90s Fourtrax over a new one to this day...

My father and I both have two old '85 Honda TRX 250 ATVs. He purchased his new and I bought mine from estate sale of original owner. They really are bulletproof and still run great to this day. '84 was first year with the single year TRX 200. I slacked this last winter and left mine covered and under a 8 foot snow pile. I left the gas (no stabilizer) and battery in it. Second kick of the recoil it started up last weekend.

Not mine but they look like this.

6380d1323907013-fourtrax-250-muffler-1985-honda-fourtrax-007.jpg

That's awesome, man! I plan to buy another this summer if I can find one in above average condition, like you stated, one babied by grandpa to ride to the mailbox and back. Lol

Enjoy it, they're fun little jewels...

The one I picked up was mint for $300... I get offers to buy it all the time when I am putting around on it. So miserly on fuel too. I think my dad bought his for around $2300 in '85... adjusted for inflation I think that is around $5k now. He had definitely got his moneys worth and more. Some seem to be surprised it has electric start and reverse for it's vintage. It's not a 4x4 one as Honda didn't release those until '86 but it is so light you could actually have a chance at getting it unstuck. My Polaris behemoths that weight in at over 700 lbs/each require a winch.

Haven't used my real camera for ages, so here's a rear shot with a nicer camera than my phone

T8repGA.jpg

it doesn't take color photos, so apologies.

Haven't used my real camera for ages, so here's a rear shot with a nicer camera than my phone

T8repGA.jpg

it doesn't take color photos, so apologies.

I've pretty much stopped lugging around my DSLR. People ask if my pics were taken with it.

774cbec19f0f21ab47478ed446c9e7d2.jpg

Shades of grey! In this case I like a lot!![emoji1360][emoji1360]

Good eye. It's no 1.5T CR-V, the gas mileage is poor and rear legroom sucks. But it was an acceptable way of bringing a Honda into the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another pretty one, mine.

MGalleryItem.php

I've pretty much stopped lugging around my DSLR. People ask if my pics were taken with it.

774cbec19f0f21ab47478ed446c9e7d2.jpg
i was in Munich (and nearby parts of Eastern Europe) last month and noticed this color was pretty popular ver there. Not so much here. What's it called?

My father and I both have two old '85 Honda TRX 250 ATVs. He purchased his new and I bought mine from estate sale of original owner. They really are bulletproof and still run great to this day. '84 was first year with the single year TRX 200. I slacked this last winter and left mine covered and under a 8 foot snow pile. I left the gas (no stabilizer) and battery in it. Second kick of the recoil it started up last weekend.

Not mine but they look like this.

6380d1323907013-fourtrax-250-muffler-1985-honda-fourtrax-007.jpg

That looks a lot of fun, thou I'd struggle to sneak one into the garage without my wife noticing....maybe if I can find one for $300 it would be an easier sell!

Not me. Honda is a great car. My first (and only) was the first gen '78 Accord. I had come from air cooled VW's. I kept the Accord for 13 years and put 224,000 miles on it. Had to rebuild the manual 5sp tranny and did valve guides but 5 New England winters pretty much did the body in. Was a solid piece of rust when I got rid of it. Everyone who rode in it was impressed.

Sister just got her 3rd CR-V and loves them. She started out with a '74 Corolla then nothing but Hondas.

After my Accord I went with a '91 Mazda B-2600i 2 wheel drive w/auto. 24 years later I got my current '15 CX-5 and in 3 days pick up my '17 CX-5. I did look at the '17 CR-V, liked the interior room but the new CX-5 just blows it away for exterior styling. The CR-V still has a ways to go to catch up to the Mazda's driveability.

I could be showing my lack of class or age, but I always had a soft spot for the old CRX in red with V-Tec....

36bc01ef7ea12a940708f61d2ea59a03.jpg

Never had one but thought they looked and performed pretty well back in the day.

That CRX was my very first car in HS. Even had some similar rins on it, and the same color. Wish I still had it. I gave it hell, basically tried to tear it up, and couldn't. Great and cool little cars. Not a fan of what basically took its place though, the Del Sol.

^ possibly the insert tab to keep the mat from moving. If so try to get it replaced under warranty.

Well, I did break one of the tabs in the front when leaning out the door at a CVS drive through. (argh) But I found that one. I found this one on the rear WeatherTech floor mat. Since it was on the mat, I was thinking it came from the seat or center console but I don't see anything missing?

Gave the new CX5 a thorough washing, clay bar, and NXT wax job. Floor mats are coming need. Just need to figure out what LEDs to purchase for internal lighting and a new license plate frame.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Back