What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I prepared my AIO tweaks USB thumb drive.....still waiting for my 2017 to get here....[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I'm curious, too.

Basically it boxes in the front suspension.

almost like it puts that 4th wall on the box... Putting the lid on that box with the bars or braces allows the front end to be stiffer, quicker to react, lessens chassis flex, transmits more feel to the driver.

Installed the bumper shield from Super Bumper today. It's certainly not a thing of great beauty but should provide protection parking in NYC from the kind folks who park by ear.

76078897d2256d658211347873d62ff3.jpg

0a92531e213b0e34861d681a97ceb4a1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those are nice to have even in parking lots. I opted for a Weathertech but same idea.

For sure. One thing that appealed to me about the Super Bumper is that it has large rubber shock absorbers that should soak up some energy in the event of a rear end shunt, rather than transferring it directly to the frame. Looks like the WeatherTech might have some energy absorbing properties too?

No.. the WT's are fairly static in mount but they are made out of plastic unless someone opts for that solid aluminum version so it should give some in an impact. I use mine as a step for loading cargo on the roof.

Installed the bumper shield from Super Bumper today. It's certainly not a thing of great beauty but should provide protection parking in NYC from the kind folks who park by ear

Good luck with that! Shameful how citifolk are such animals when it comes to parking.

Good luck with that! Shameful how citifolk are such animals when it comes to parking.

Totally. I was just starting to relax about parking the new wagon on the street when I saw a Tacoma pickup literally sitting on the front bumper/almost on the hood of a car as it was backing into a space.

Plus there's a guy who lives on my block that drives this old piece of automotive Americana that he literally uses as a battering ram....avoid him like the plague...your beautifully painted crumple zones are no match for three tons of iron girders.

No.. the WT's are fairly static in mount but they are made out of plastic unless someone opts for that solid aluminum version so it should give some in an impact. I use mine as a step for loading cargo on the roof.

Cool. Sounds pretty handy.

Well, I received these in the mail and had to throw them on!

2f71d5f6b910830a33d7a805ff570ece.jpg

I think they look pretty smart though the Philips head on the screws was pretty shallow so it was fiddly to get the accelerator cover tight.

I have a dead pedal cover too, but wimped out putting that on today as it seem to require pulling trim which I'll do when I have a little more time.

Last edited:
Installed the bumper shield from Super Bumper today. It's certainly not a thing of great beauty but should provide protection parking in NYC from the kind folks who park by ear.

76078897d2256d658211347873d62ff3.jpg

The bumper shield ain't pretty but that CBR is.

LOL. The only good Honda is a 2 wheeled Honda.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The S2000 is the only 4 wheeled Honda I've ever liked. I don't hate the modern Civic Coupe either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back