What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Not saying Safelite is not good, but there were a couple of incidences here that one installed standard CX-5 windshield and "taped" sensors on the windshield, the other found Safelite broke the plastic clips holding the sensors. Both make sensors out of position and affect rain-sensor wipers and Smart City Brake Support on GT with Tech Package.

I have glass coverage through Geico, so the windshield replacement was free for me. Safelite were the people who did it on my 2016.5 CX-5 GT and I was concerned the stuff wouldn't work, but so far months later I have had no issues whatsoever, besides another rock hitting it... (loser)

Washed my car for the first time yesterday... and then it rained overnight.
Oh well, I don't think I've posted a pic of my 2016.5 Touring w/Tech before.
It should be a fairly "rare" configuration since out of hundreds of available Tourings there were only 3 with the Tech Package when I bought mine.
IMG_20170408_093301773.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:
Silver is probably my least favorite color. But man, looks sharp on a CX-5. Nice!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I give up trying to post an in-line image! lol

Silver wasn't my first choice, but it came down to process of elimination. I knew I didn't want black or white (though I think the CX-5 looks great in white, I'm lazy about cleaning it), but definitely wanted a black cloth interior, which limited a couple more colors (like the dark blue). I'm not thrilled with the 17" rims, but I didn't want the 19" tires - at least I think the 17" rims look better with the Sonic Silver.

I give up trying to post an in-line image! lol

Silver wasn't my first choice, but it came down to process of elimination. I knew I didn't want black or white (though I think the CX-5 looks great in white, I'm lazy about cleaning it), but definitely wanted a black cloth interior, which limited a couple more colors (like the dark blue). I'm not thrilled with the 17" rims, but I didn't want the 19" tires - at least I think the 17" rims look better with the Sonic Silver.
Here is your pic. I copied and pasted the url from your pic into this message using INSERT IMAGE.
attachment.php

Yesterday I took off the rails and dipped then. Not sure how I feel about the metalizer but was trying to do something different than the black matte look. I have to do some touchups from handling this morning (thought 8 hours would be enough).

cee80a497baec19e7a7f88be3fc4ebd5.jpg
2e667953d60f4538e20268acfcbee72b.jpg
44d5dd61b091f504dee86f8b5d3542b9.jpg

Yesterday I took off the rails and dipped then. Not sure how I feel about the metalizer but was trying to do something different than the black matte look. I have to do some touchups from handling this morning (thought 8 hours would be enough).

cee80a497baec19e7a7f88be3fc4ebd5.jpg
2e667953d60f4538e20268acfcbee72b.jpg
44d5dd61b091f504dee86f8b5d3542b9.jpg

This is what Mazda should have done in the first place, or at least offered two colors

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Still not overly fond of the look of the CX-5 with roof rails, but the black rails make it tolerable at least. The silver rails look god awful in my opinion.

Topped up the battery water and put a maintenance charger on last night to top it to 100%. Ed
Tell me that's not the original battery? Why do they even make batteries like that anymore?

Tell me that's not the original battery? Why do they even make batteries like that anymore?

?
Yes you can service the battery. This way you will get the most life possible. If you did not maintain water level, eventually the submerged plates get exposed.

Back