What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Making it go faster or drive better with aftermarket parts and sometimes even software upgrades.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I sat back and admired it today.

Looks grey in this pic, but it is black. I'm really wanting to change the wheels out...

aee6d1803b93939e279be47dc130d92e.jpg

I like a different set of wheels, too. And luckily we need winter tires in MN, so I can have a different look in winter. Although the tires justify the cost (same costs for 2 sets over the same timespan), the rims were $90 each (Konig Inception). Hopefully I can re-use or resell them when I'm done with the car.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _DSC8969_01.jpg
    _DSC8969_01.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Somehow I can never post pics on this forum using manage attachments. They are either too big or if i reduce them look tiny like thumbnails.

Somehow I can never post pics on this forum using manage attachments. They are either too big or if i reduce them look tiny like thumbnails.
Tapatalk app is amazing for this. Super simple.
528b992350170d4ebaa28c6f4e72f4b5.jpg

My old car parked next a similar car I was about to get.

LOL. Yep. Love that Moto Drive app now that I ha EA a car with proper Bluetooth. Shatterproof screen is nice too. I drop my phone all the time.

LOL. Yep. Love that Moto Drive app now that I ha EA a car with proper Bluetooth. Shatterproof screen is nice too. I drop my phone all the time.

For sure!

Guess I need to check out that app.

Yea, you do. If you text at all it's better then anything I've tried for drivnig. Yea, better then Google eve.
If you have any questions about configuring, PM me.

"4WD Heavy Load"

I agree. With 4 fl.oz. short out of specified 15.36 fl.oz. (0.48 US quart) capacity on rear differential, which is about 25% short! That's very significant!
In reality, the true capacity of CX-5's rear differential is about 2/3 ~ 3/4 quart according to those who have made the gear lubricant drain-and-fill, not the 0.48 quart from the factory spec! (boom08)
meh, so long as gears are sopping thru it you're good to do. I'm sure the factory level is fine for the recommended interval.
You're sure? I hope that you'll understand that you're assurances aren't good enough for most of us? No disrespect intended.
I just wouldn't lose sleep over it having 12 oz vs 15.x. If it isn't leaking, change it at recommended interval and fill to recommended level. These diffs don't see the kind of heat and stress a lot of applications do. I'm no expert, but do have 20 yrs experience racing and wrenching much higher hp applications doing gear setups/changes, wear analysis, differential swaps, axles and bearing replacements, etc.
For those who think 25% low gear lubricant in our small capacity rear differential is fine, just saw these in CX-9 forum:

Uh, we had a major issue yesterday with our 16' CX-9 GT. We're staying up at a resort hotel at the top of a mountain in Maine. During that snowstorm, we encountered a warning 3/4 way up the mountain stating "4WD Heavy Load" - and then the 4WD stopped working, reverting the car to FWD only. We literally had to turn off the car to reset it and turn it back on several times to make it up.

There was a definite "hot" smell coming from under the car - I have to imagine we really stressed the clutch? that controls power to the rear wheels. Very concerned about the longevity of the AWD transmission if something like this causes the system to fail.
Did just that earlier today - dealer appt on Friday morning, and they offered a loaner. Happened again tonight when trying to back into a snow-covered parking spot. Not good.
wait, you said it happened again? on your car or on the loaner ? if the loaner, than it's not an isolated incident, and an inherent design flaw

Back