What does AUX do?

tfigs121

:
Mazda 5
New owner of 2013 CX-5 Touring. When I plug in an audio cable to my AUX jack, all that shows up in the infotainment screen is a picture of an audio cable. Should I be able to play music through it? If I can play music via Bluetooth and USB, is the AUX port obsolete? Thanks for any help.

Google search AUX cable, it is cable to allow your phone or MP3 as a source to play music on your car.

Google search AUX cable, it is cable to allow your phone or MP3 as a source to play music on your car.
Thanks. That is not what I meant though. When I plug in my audio cable into my iPhone the AUX does not recognize it. All the screen shows is a picture of an audio cable.

Shouldn't my phone connect and I can play music directly from it?

Aux connection is just an audio connection, it doesn't detect *what* is connected. It'll just play whatever is output to the car from the device. You'll need to play music from your phone.

If you want the car to actually detect your phone and control audio playback, you'll need to connect via USB or BT.

Ok. I got it now. I was misinterpreting the plug icon on the screen. It means that something is connected, not that I need to connect something.

Thanks all for helping

Back