What did you pay for your CX-5?

I am shopping around, and the other quote that I got was only $47 more than the first offer. Doesn't seem like they're willing to come down too much.

isn't the True Car Avg. paid is before taxes, reg and doc fee.
Your offer (after the rebate) looks like it's 26703.. which would be 500 under the truecar avg.

Would anybody be willing to offer their thoughts on this offer?

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with Sirius and Roof Rails in White

Purchase price 27203.72
Doc Fee 200
Price Pre-tax 27403.72
Tax 1644.22
Registration $15.00
Plate Transfer 8
Ext. warranty
Total Price 29070.94
Rebates 500
Money down 0
Trade-in net 0
Balance 28570.94

The sales guy said that his manager has 1 $250 rebate certificate that I might be able to get.

TrueCar shows that the Avg paid is $27,259. How can I get a better deal?

Hope you guys don't mind me keep asking questions. The dealer offered to give another $500 rebate if I finance at 2.9%APR instead of pay cash. Would it make sense to take this offer and then pay it all within the first month? Or are there hidden fees for early payment?

Assuming this wasn't a demo and there isn't some hidden loss in trade this would probably be the best deal I have seen close to $2K under invoice. This would be $3741.95 off of MSRP. Unless Mazda isn't selling cars... a rare deal indeed.

It was a great deal, no demo. They gave us a bunch of incentives and we financed through Mazda at 2.04%. 834 credit score.

Wow....! Ducks...can you post a pic..I want to see how the Meteor Gray GT looks with the roof rack...thx and Congrats!

Wow it's painful posting pics on this forum.

I got mines for 27000. Before taxes with 0% down 0% financing. Took me 2-3 months playing tennis back and forth with dealers online.
Tell the dealer you want to Buy TODAY and you can bargain a better deal.
I'm still debating if I should return the extended warranty? Anybody else on the fence about it? They say cars are less likely to break down nowadays but I got extended warranty for 10 years 75k miles for piece of mind. If my cx5 is fine by next year I may try and return the warranty.
Los Angeles ca

Hope you guys don't mind me keep asking questions. The dealer offered to give another $500 rebate if I finance at 2.9%APR instead of pay cash. Would it make sense to take this offer and then pay it all within the first month? Or are there hidden fees for early payment?

Keep at it. I didn't have the best credit and still got 0% financing. My credit was 686.
Try and buy the cx5 on the last day of the month so the dealer can meet there quota.

Still a good deal but on a 5 year loan that is close to $1500 interest. I see they are notching up the interest rates again.... they were 0% up to 63 months back in July.

Good point. I have no intent of paying for 5 years though. Requirement of the loan is only one payment, no early payoff penalty. My loan is only $18K so in 5 years the interest is only $900. I got an extra $1000 off the purchase price for the mazda loan.

Sorry for cross-posting, I put this reply in the "Welcome" forum a few minutes ago...

Hello fellow CX-5ers. My wife and I just got a CPO off-lease 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD with the Bose/Moonroof & Tech package. 11K miles, Meteor Gray with black interior. I wanted to go very slightly used in order to avoid at least some depreciation and the destination fee which really jacks up the Out-The-Door price on new cars.

They didn't budge much on price - it was listed at $25,990 NOT counting doc fees which they claimed were about $600.
I bargained them down to Out The Door for $25,250, including the dealer "doc fees". How do you think we did, price wise? Thanks!

What state are you in? Each state regulates what the maximum doc fee charge is. I'm in CA and I think here it's $125.

Also, the best deal you can get is 6 hours away? Can your local dealer just match that price or come close enough to make the drive cost even out?

Actually some states have no cap and appear not to be regulated. TN and GA for example

Hi,

I just purchased a 2015 Touring AWD with tech & roof package yesterday.
MSRP: $29,660
Got it for: $26,410+TTL
They took my trade as a blind trade for $14,500 ($500+ above payoff on lien)
Came to about $27,500 with 0% interest!

Spent about 1.5 days emailing with 4 different dealerships. Two of those emailed this morning offering to beat the offer, but I already purchased last night. Oh, well. I think I did okay?

What was the make/model of your trade? Dealers really don't make much profit margin on new cars, they make their money on your used car trade in, service, and all the extended warrantees they try to sell you after you've agreed to the price of the car.

Sorry for cross-posting, I put this reply in the "Welcome" forum a few minutes ago...

Hello fellow CX-5ers. My wife and I just got a CPO off-lease 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD with the Bose/Moonroof & Tech package. 11K miles, Meteor Gray with black interior. I wanted to go very slightly used in order to avoid at least some depreciation and the destination fee which really jacks up the Out-The-Door price on new cars.

They didn't budge much on price - it was listed at $25,990 NOT counting doc fees which they claimed were about $600.
I bargained them down to Out The Door for $25,250, including the dealer "doc fees". How do you think we did, price wise? Thanks!

Ouch! I was out the door for about that price but I got a brand new 2015 Touring AWD with bose/moonroof.. with 49 miles on it. Not sure how you avoided any depreciation since you bought used for the same price you could have gotten new.

Ouch! I was out the door for about that price but I got a brand new 2015 Touring AWD with bose/moonroof.. with 49 miles on it. Not sure how you avoided any depreciation since you bought used for the same price you could have gotten new.
What was the MSRP on yours?

Did you get the Tech package with Nav, Smart City Brake Assist, HID headlights, rain sensing wipers, homelink, and auto-dimming mirror? Also CPO costs about $1,100, for an 7yr/100K powertrain warranty, plus and extended 12K of bumper to bumper.

I hate posting to the forums, I always find out I got a terrible deal. (pissed)

Last edited:
2014 Soul Red Touring AWD, No Tech package, No Moon No Bose, Roof Rack, Rear Bumper Guard, Wheel Locks (not that I cared) $27,304 out the door. And btw for those of you that don't absolutely have to have the moonroof should first listen to the stock stereo I am quite pleased with it, Bose was not worth the extra bucks IMO.

10 days 585 miles averaging 27 MPG in mixed driving - could not be happier with this car. The xenon headlights were a big improvement over my old car almost enjoy driving it more at night!

If you didn't get the Tech package, you don't have Xenon headlights.

I too am from NYC area and all dealers wouldn't budge below below 30k for 2015 GT AWD w/Tech. Wheel locks AW mats & rear bumper guard. OTD was 32950 which included $500 loyalty. Lowest # i got was 29,988 b4 T&T, but once they started adding in dmv fees etc price was higher then i ended up paying. Every dealer "swore" their tissue was 30.4K. How people are getting $2500 off is beyond me. Sticker was 31,730.

Yeah, we must be missing out on the special Mazdas247 forum discount that everyone here seems to be getting. Supply/Demand for the CX-5 seems to be in a state of equilibrium now. You can find them, but they don't last long on the lots.

I couldn't get any dealer to budge significantly off his asking price of $25,990 +$495 doc fee. I was looking CPO or very slightly used, and now I'm not so sure I really saved much in depreciation on my 2014 FWD CPO 11K Touring with Bose & Tech. $25,250 OTD with the BS $495 doc fee. We'll do tax/tag/title back in our home state, (we bought in TN, live in GA). Probably out another $1500 or so.

What was the make/model of your trade? Dealers really don't make much profit margin on new cars, they make their money on your used car trade in, service, and all the extended warrantees they try to sell you after you've agreed to the price of the car.

My trade was a (gross) 2011 Nissan Juke SV. It was also red. So I'm very happy with my deal to come out positive in a trade-in vs negative, especially on a car like a Juke. And I did not purchase any add-ons for the CX-5, I know very well that dealers get kickbacks off of the services sold in the finance room.

Touring FWD $24,615.
Destination Fee $795
Bose $1,130
Tech $1485
White $200

Total $28,225.

Does your $26,500 include destination fee?

Regardless, you got a good deal. Nice job with the email and end of month tactics, that sets a great example for others thinking of buying.
No dealer doc fees? Mine was $495.

Latest posts

Back