What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just purchased a GS FWD, auto, black.

I'm in Vancouver, so we get gouged a bit, but I think I got a relatively fair deal. Probably could have haggled further but maybe only by another couple hundred:

Car price: $27,550
PDI: $1,895
Air Conditioning tax (mandatory government fee): $100
Tire tax (mandatory government fee): $25
Battery tax (mandatory government fee): $1.25
Total before tax: $29,550

Provincial Sales tax = 12%

And yes, we pay the 12% tax ON TOP of the mandatory government taxes...

Just purchased a GS FWD, auto, black.

I'm in Vancouver, so we get gouged a bit, but I think I got a relatively fair deal. Probably could have haggled further but maybe only by another couple hundred:

Car price: $27,550
PDI: $1,895
Air Conditioning tax (mandatory government fee): $100
Tire tax (mandatory government fee): $25
Battery tax (mandatory government fee): $1.25
Total before tax: $29,550

Provincial Sales tax = 12%

And yes, we pay the 12% tax ON TOP of the mandatory government taxes...

I am guessing all of those taxes are due to Canada's free healthcare?

Anyway, back on topic...I am feeling damn good about what we paid after seeing several people's prices here. We got a 2014 grand touring with every option and extra possible except all wheel drive for $30, 000 even. That price includes all taxes and other fees.

2014 Soul Red Touring AWD, No Tech package, No Moon No Bose.

The xenon headlights were a big improvement over my old car almost enjoy driving it more at night!
Nice price BTW.
I don't think the Touring w/o Tech has Xenon/HIDs just projectors, but better than non-projectors.

Just bought a 2014 GT FWD: Meteor Gray Mica, Tech, Roof Rails

E-mailed with three local dealers. Two offered the same price (200 under invoice including destination and excluding fees, tax, etc). One offered 600 under MSRP but eventually came down to 250 under invoice after I told him how way off he was. Negotiated another 300 lower than that with my preferred dealer and called it day. Probably could have gotten a little more off but I was happy with what I felt was a fair deal for me and the dealer.

This forum was invaluable in helping me make my purchase decision and providing negotiation data points. Many thanks to all the previous posters!

I am guessing all of those taxes are due to Canada's free healthcare?

Haha! Yes indeed. Although, our government spending is actually less per capita than the US.

But back on topic - I think you got a great deal on your 2014 GT; here in Canada, that would run you closer to $34K depending on your negotiation ability - and then an additional 12%-15% tax on top of that!

& the State is about bankrupt.
I try to buy from Amazon a much as I can, until they start forcing them to charge tax.

Same.

I hope it's not 10.5% when I go to buy my CX-5... because that's $3K.

Same.

I hope it's not 10.5% when I go to buy my CX-5... because that's $3K.
Do you have a trade in? At least they'll charge tax on the difference.
Also some Lake County dealers will charge you the local sales tax, not the tax rate of where you live.

Nope, no trade in. Probably put around $8K down. Been test driving at the Mazda Barn in Evanston. Haven't owned a car in 7 years.

Nope, no trade in. Probably put around $8K down. Been test driving at the Mazda Barn in Evanston. Haven't owned a car in 7 years.
That's where I bought my 1st Mazda, '06 3 hatch GT for $250 under invoice.
If you can make it out to Biggers in Elgin, they'll give you a great deal. Ask for Franco.

Thanks. Elgin is pretty far, especially with no car ;) But if we can get a huge deal, then we'll see. I would probably email them first.

I've been meaning to post this for a while. My dealer did a trade with another dealer to get my car (you can go back in the thread to see what I paid). After I took delivery, I found this sticker in the glovebox from the original dealer it came from. It gave me a good laugh.

2xWGTkR.jpg

Attachments

• windowsticker.jpg
    windowsticker.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 104
I have the FWD, full, with taxes the price in Panama its $31,995 but the price will increase, its just an offer by introduction

Hi Guys,

New CX-5 owner here, first time new car buyer as well. How do you guys think I did?

I got a Red AWD Touring, no packages with the following options:
- SiriusXM
- Wheel Locks
- Auto Dim/Homelink Rear View
- Cargo Tray
- All Weather Mats

It was 26900 before T&T, about 29300 OTD in Reading, PA. Good/bad?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Pick up my new silver AWD Touring with Bose and Tech package plus the cargo cover and mat tomorrow. I paid 28,250.00 which according to TruCar is pretty good, this forum was a big help, thanks everyone !

What is average price i could get a cx5 touring with moonroof and tech in Virginia. Also what is everyone's monthly payment on the cx5?

Bought a Pearl White Touring FWD w/Bose and Tech package for $26,500. I used the idea earlier in this thread to email a ton of dealerships. I emailed 15 and I had 4 dealerships work very hard for my business. I might have been able to do better if I would've started sooner. I think I did fairly well because not only was it the end of the month and the end of the second quarter. I enjoy the car a great deal. Thanks to the forum!

Bought a Pearl White Touring FWD w/Bose and Tech package for $26,500. I used the idea earlier in this thread to email a ton of dealerships. I emailed 15 and I had 4 dealerships work very hard for my business. I might have been able to do better if I would've started sooner. I think I did fairly well because not only was it the end of the month and the end of the second quarter. I enjoy the car a great deal. Thanks to the forum!

Touring FWD $24,615.
Destination Fee $795
Bose $1,130
Tech $1485
White $200

Total $28,225.

Does your $26,500 include destination fee?

Regardless, you got a good deal. Nice job with the email and end of month tactics, that sets a great example for others thinking of buying.

Back