What did you pay for your CX-5?

Bought a 2014.5 today. Its Touring with Bose/sunroof option, crystal blue with sand interior. Retail is $26.7K and talked them down to $24,999 and got them to throw in free locking lug nuts. It was $27.3K out the door with tax,tags,license. Paid cash. Has the straight shifter with leather boot.

I decided to play it safe and deal now instead of waiting for 2015's to arrive in a couple of weeks. I was able to get exactly what I wanted at a fair price because it was last day of the month. Was afraid selection would be poor by the time new 2015s arrived. Would have been left with option of getting 2014.5 in color I didn't want or ponying up full price for a 2015. Could have gotten better deal if I waited, but I got what I wanted while its still available.

Is it possible for the Canadian CX5 owners to post the amount they paid for their car and and what discounts and free accessories dealer gave? Just for comparison

We bought a 2014.5 yesterday. Touring FWD in Deep Crystal Blue, with Navigation and Autodim/homelink mirror added, as well as front window tint (factory tint on back windows) and wheel locks. Paid $24,931 + TTL. OTD was $26,799. We contacted 7 different dealers, got price quotes, and then went back with lowest offer to see if they could beat it. Only went down about $100 but I feel pretty good about where we ended up. I really wanted the tech package, but didn't want to pay for the Bose/moonroof on top of that, so we just got a couple of the items as dealer add ons. It's a really beautiful car and such a step up from my 2010 Corolla.

Is it possible for the Canadian CX5 owners to post the amount they paid for their car and and what discounts and free accessories dealer gave? Just for comparison

I just bought a 2014 GT and pick it up tomorrow. This was my price breakdown:

$30,503 - GT Invoice Price (from unhaggle.com)
$160 - Floor Liners (OEM weathertechs)
$170 - Retractable Cargo Cover
$100 - Front and Rear Mud Guards
$25 - Wheel Locks
-----------------------------
$30,963 - Invoice Subtotal
$620 - 2% Dealer Profit
$1,895 - Freight and PDI
$100 - AC Levy
$25 - Tire Levy
======================
$33,602 - Pre-tax Subtotal

I didn't have invoice prices for the accessories so I just found some low prices for them on eBay and used those.

The dealer is also including a VIP service membership which gives lifetime oil changes for the cost of labour only and %15 off other parts and accessories.

I just bought a 2014 GT and pick it up tomorrow. This was my price breakdown:

$30,503 - GT Invoice Price (from unhaggle.com)
$160 - Floor Liners (OEM weathertechs)
$170 - Retractable Cargo Cover
$100 - Front and Rear Mud Guards
$25 - Wheel Locks
-----------------------------
$30,963 - Invoice Subtotal
$620 - 2% Dealer Profit
$1,895 - Freight and PDI
$100 - AC Levy
$25 - Tire Levy
======================
$33,602 - Pre-tax Subtotal

I didn't have invoice prices for the accessories so I just found some low prices for them on eBay and used those.

The dealer is also including a VIP service membership which gives lifetime oil changes for the cost of labour only and %15 off other parts and accessories.

That look like a good deal. My pre tax subtotal was $35,500. I was poor in negotiating. Did I loose few dollors here? Dealer gave free all weather mat as a throw in.That was all

I just negotiated a price on a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD with GT Technology package, rear parking sensor, roof rack, cargo cover, wheel locks and rear bumper guard in Soul Red. The negotiated price was 28,871.45. $500 was to be deducted from that price as I currently own a competitor's SUV. The net selling price would have been $28371.45 plus tax and license. I chose not to purchase at the last minute because of the issues with the navigation system and stereo. I hope that this information helps someone else.

That look like a good deal. My pre tax subtotal was $35,500. I was poor in negotiating. Did I loose few dollors here? Dealer gave free all weather mat as a throw in.That was all

Honestly, I was surprised that a dealer offered 2% over invoice. I was expecting to pay 3% or more since the CX-5 is pretty popular around here and they don't seem to have any trouble moving them off lots. I'll give a mention to Morrey Mazda in North Vancouver since they're the ones that initially contacted me through unhaggle.com with that pricing. I ended up going with a different dealer who matched the price because of location for servicing.

Honestly, I was surprised that a dealer offered 2% over invoice. I was expecting to pay 3% or more since the CX-5 is pretty popular around here and they don't seem to have any trouble moving them off lots. I'll give a mention to Morrey Mazda in North Vancouver since they're the ones that initially contacted me through unhaggle.com with that pricing. I ended up going with a different dealer who matched the price because of location for servicing.

MMm what dealership did you go to?
I have a 2014.5 GT + tech waiting for me tomorrow @ the North Shore Automall, its new just rolled off the ship on Sunday. I think I negociated 1700$ off the MSRP price so 31550 and I don't believe I will get any accessories from them.

Got the 2014 Touring AWD in Soul Red for $3K under MSRP! Includes cargo cover, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, and rear bumper guard. (breakn)

Hey All,

Just got back from John Hine Mazda dealership in San Diego, CA

I wanted a 2014 FWD Touring with no add-ons in meteor gray.

They offered OTD $26,077 (internet quote of $23,798 plus tax, registration, etc). I do not qualify for any of the $500 incentives. Is this a good price? Can i do better? Couple hundred less?

Thanks for your input,
Jenna

That's about $500 less than the "Truecar" price. Let me know about John Hine, I might be buying a CX-5 from them in the relatively near future ;-)

Would love to know if anyone in the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT, even PA) were able to do better than $26,300 for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring before tax, title, etc. Warning, mini rant to follow:

I live in Staten Island, signed with Manfredi Mazda and even left a deposit on a specific vehicle for pickup which was supposed to be today. The saleswoman told me to come back the next day to go over warranty options with the sales manager. The next day the sales manager, Alin, tells me there was a mistake and the price is now $1,000 more than the price I signed for the day before. He gives me lie after lie, first saying the VIN number on the signed agreement is wrong, then saying the thousand dollar deposit was taken off twice on accident (neither of which is true, as my sales receipt clearly shows). He then tells me he will be canceling the deal because the paperwork signed with the saleswoman is not a contract. Bottom line, if they are unwilling to honor the deal which was already signed I refuse to give them my business and would love a dealership recommendation in the tri-state area. Any help is appreciated and thanks for listening to my rant :~)

Try One of the Below

Would love to know if anyone in the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT, even PA) were able to do better than $26,300 for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring before tax, title, etc. Warning, mini rant to follow:

I live in Staten Island, signed with Manfredi Mazda and even left a deposit on a specific vehicle for pickup which was supposed to be today. The saleswoman told me to come back the next day to go over warranty options with the sales manager. The next day the sales manager, Alin, tells me there was a mistake and the price is now $1,000 more than the price I signed for the day before. He gives me lie after lie, first saying the VIN number on the signed agreement is wrong, then saying the thousand dollar deposit was taken off twice on accident (neither of which is true, as my sales receipt clearly shows). He then tells me he will be canceling the deal because the paperwork signed with the saleswoman is not a contract. Bottom line, if they are unwilling to honor the deal which was already signed I refuse to give them my business and would love a dealership recommendation in the tri-state area. Any help is appreciated and thanks for listening to my rant :~)

MAZDA ANNOUNCES 2014 GOLD CUP CERTIFIED DEALERSHIPS

Feb 10, 2014

IRVINE, Calif. ( February 7, 2014) Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) is proud to announce the winning dealerships of the 2014 Mazda Gold Cup award. This is the highest honor a dealer can receive from Mazda for their dedication to new vehicle sales and customer satisfaction.

Dealers qualify for Gold Cup certification by meeting rigorous Mazda sales loyalty goals, customer satisfaction requirements, maintaining a quality dealership image, and ensuring their sales and service staff adheres to Mazda training requirements on an on-going basis. Only dealerships that deliver the best sales experience and increase customer loyalty are given this prestigious award.

President and CEO of MNAO, Jim OSullivan says, Mazda is proud to reward our top-performing dealerships every year, for their focus and dedication to providing the best sales and service experience in the industry. We congratulate each dealer on their great achievement.

While all authorized Mazda dealerships are eligible, only a select number are awarded this high honor. For the qualifying period of January 3, 2013 through January 2, 2014, a total of 125 dealers were designated Gold Cup status.

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com.

# # #

Mazda Gold Cup Dealer Winners

View News Release Full Screen

DEALERSHIP NAME

CITY

STATE

Alan Webb Mazda

Vancouver

WA

Autex Mazda

Keene

NH

Barnes Crossing Mazda

Tupelo

MS

Berger Mazda

Hazle Township

PA

Bergstrom Mazda

Appleton

WI

Blaise Alexander Mazda

State College

PA

Bob Baker Mazda

Carlsbad

CA

Bob Moore Mazda

Oklahoma City

OK

Boniface-Hiers Mazda

Melbourne

FL

Bountiful Mazda

Bountiful

UT

Browning Mazda

Cerritos

CA

Brown'S Chantilly Mazda

Chantilly

VA

Butch Oustalet Mazda

Gulfport

MS

Capital Mazda Of Cary

Cary

NC

Capitol Mazda

San Jose

CA

Cardinaleway Mazda At S.S

Mesa

AZ

Cj Wilson Mazda

Countryside

IL

Classic Mazda

Denton

TX

Classic Mazda

Mentor

OH

Classic Mazda East

Winter Park

FL

Colonial Mazda

Danbury

CT

Continental Mazda

Anchorage

AK

Cory Fairbanks Mazda

Longwood

FL

Cox Mazda

Bradenton

FL

Cutter Mazda Of Honolulu

Honolulu

HI

D Dahle Mazda Of Murray

Murray

UT

Dean Mccrary Mazda

Mobile

AL

Dennis Dillon Mazda

Boise

ID

Dublin Mazda

Dublin

CA

Ferman Mazda Of Brandon

Tampa

FL

Fitzgerald Mazda Of Annap

Annapolis

MD

Flood Mazda

Wakefield

RI

Foothills Mazda

Spokane

WA

Frank Bommarito Mazda

Ellisville

MO

Fremont Mazda

Newark

CA

Galpin Mazda

Santa Clarita

CA

Galpin Mazda

Van Nuys

CA

Garden City Mazda

Hempstead

NY

Gem Mazda

Tallahassee

FL

Green Mazda

Springfield

IL

Grieco Mazda Of Delray Be

Delray Beach

FL

Groove Mazda

Centennial

CO

Gullo Mazda Of Conroe

Conroe

TX

Gunther Mazda

Ft. Lauderdale

FL

Hall Mazda

Virginia Beach

VA

Hamilton Mazda

Hamilton Square

NJ

Heritage Mazda

Towson

MD

Heritage Mazda Of Bel Air

Bel Air

MD

Heritage Mazda Towson

Towson

MD

Hiley Mazda Of Hurst

Hurst

TX

Holiday Mazda

Fond Du Lac

WI

Huntington Beach Mazda

Huntington Beach

CA

Ingram Park Mazda

San Antonio

TX

Jeff Haas Mazda

Houston

TX

Jenkins Mazda

Ocala

FL

Jim Click Mazda, Automall

Tucson

AZ

Jim Ellis Mazda Of Mariet

Marietta

GA

John Hine Mazda

San Diego

CA

John Hine Temecula Mazda

Temecula

CA

Kings Mazda

Cincinnati

OH

Lee Johnson Mazda

Kirkland

WA

Liberty Mazda

Wakefield

MA

Liberty Mazda

Hartford

CT

Lynchburg Mazda

Forest

VA

Martin Mazda

Newark

DE

Mastria Mazda

Raynham

MA

Mazda Gallery

Norwood

MA

Mazda Of Clear Lake

Webster

TX

Mazda Of Elk Grove

Elk Grove

CA

Mazda Of Escondido

Escondido

CA

Mazda Of Everett

Everett

WA

Mazda Of Lakewood

Lakewood

CO

Mazda Of Mesquite

Mesquite

TX

Mazda Of North Miami

Miami Gardens

FL

Mazda Of Puente Hills

City Of Industry

CA

Mazda Of South Charlotte

Charlotte

NC

Mazda Of Wesley Chapel

Wesley Chapel

FL

Mazda South

Austin

TX

Med Center Mazda

Pelham

AL

Milam Mazda

Puyallup

WA

Modern Mazda

Thomaston

CT

Montrose Mazda Kent

Kent

OH

Morries Chippewa Valley M

Chippewa Falls

WI

Morries Mazda

Minnetonka

MN

Naples Mazda

Naples

FL

Nelson Mazda

Tulsa

OK

North Park Mazda

San Antonio

TX

North Penn Mazda

Colmar

PA

Oak Tree Mazda

San Jose

CA

O'Daniel Mazda

Fort Wayne

IN

Open Road Mazda

East Brunswick

NJ

Orange Mazda

Albany

NY

Orem Mazda

Orem

UT

Oxmoor Mazda

Louisville

KY

Panama City Mazda

Panama City

FL

Paul Miller Mazda

Lexington

KY

Piazza Mazda Of West Ches

West Chester

PA

Preston Mazda

Preston

MD

Quirk Mazda

Quincy

MA

Ramsey Mazda

Ramsey

NJ

Ray Skillman Mazda West

Indianapolis

IN

Riverside Mazda

Riverside

CA

Rochester Mazda

Rochester

MN

Roger Beasley Mazda Centr

Austin

TX

Roger Beasley Mz Georgeto

Georgetown

TX

Romano Mazda

Syracuse

NY

Rosenthal Mazda - Arlingt

Arlington

VA

Royal Moore Mazda

Hillsboro

OR

Royal Palm Mazda

West Palm Beach

FL

Seacoast Mazda

Portsmouth

NH

Serra Mazda

Birmingham

AL

Sill-Terhar Motors, Inc.

Broomfield

CO

Sport Mazda

Orlando

FL

The Autobarn Mazda Evanst

Evanston

IL

Tom Roush Mazda

Westfield

IN

Town North Mazda

Richardson

TX

Tustin Mazda

Tustin

CA

University Mazda

Seattle

WA

Wallace Mazda

Stuart

FL

Walser Burnsville Mazda

Burnsville

MN

Wantagh Mazda

Wantagh

NY

Wayne Mazda

Wayne

NJ

Wellesley Mazda

Wellesley

MA

Whaling City Mazda

New London

CT

Woodhouse Mazda

Omaha

NE

i would give mazda USA a call and complain about this dealer. maybe the BBB, too. throw out a negative review on google+ also

i would give mazda USA a call and complain about this dealer. maybe the BBB, too. throw out a negative review on google+ also

To update the situation:
I did give Mazda USA a call and filed a complaint. The next day the situation was escalated from the dealing with the manager to the owner of the dealership. He finally decided the original signed contract would be honored. When picking up the car I again spoke with the original saleswoman. She said that she had made a mistake in writing the itemized price list in which she took the price at the top of the invoice (which did not include the vehicle destination fee) as the price, then figured tax based on this number. She also said the manager was calling her the entire day when I went to go over the warranty info (hence my 2 hour wait at the dealership before even talking to him). She went on to say she told him of her mistake, which annoys me because that day none of the "explanations" he gave were even close to the truth. He never apologized that day either, instead he tried to bully me into believing I had no recourse; even going as far as to say "There's no way you're getting this car. We can do whatever we want."

Bottom line, I'm glad I got the car for the price I signed for and glad to put the headache behind me. All told, I paid $25,362 for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Touring with rear parking sensor and wheel locks (plus tax, title, and fees). The saleswoman explained her mistake and apologized profusely for the whole ordeal however I still hope to never have to deal with their service department for warranty covered issues.

thanks for the update. it's a shame you had to agrue with them so much. sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I don't trust sales people if they work on commission. I was looking at a 2014.5 CX-5 at one dealer the sales person said right now they have a sale on CX-5 with $2,000 off and the 2015 will be exactly the same and they will not be discounting. $2,000 sounds good however if you value your trade-in by what service they use you will find it is approximately $2,000 below Edmund and Nada value it.

Back