What colour fogs should I go for?

Andrewsmc said:
stay clear... it is clean and simple... the yellow on black just makes it look like a bug..

Yeah, that's exactly the way I think about it. Black and yellow is such a huge contrast of colours that they kinda leap out. I want to go with a cleaner, more blended look. Tinted ones, no way. Too dark. Perhaps if my windows were tinted or smoked but that's the hassle with an already black car. I don't want it to look like I'm driving a shadow. So I'm sort of thinking just to keep the clear look. Maybe still the blue, depending on the shade that it is...

Looks like this is a project for photoshop! I suck at photoshop so if there are any takers, please, I'm eager to see!

I'm fixin to go to H3 bulbs (silverstar), and I was contemplating yellow rockblockers (laser blue p5). I got a chip through in one, and I'm hoping the rockblocker will diminish being able to notice it as well as make it weathertight again. I kinda like the way the yellow looks. I REALLY want to black out my headlights, but dread opening them up.

do what ever you wanna do or you think you will like.. the stock p5 foglights arnt the brightest to begin with so rockblocker might dim the dim a lil more.. here is my p5 wiht CATZ lights on.. they where bright. but i never got around to aiming them.. ifgured the daytime pictures wherent what you was looking for

706976242_ORIG.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0005x.jpg

Tasty said:
I'm fixin to go to H3 bulbs (silverstar), and I was contemplating yellow rockblockers (laser blue p5). I got a chip through in one, and I'm hoping the rockblocker will diminish being able to notice it as well as make it weathertight again. I kinda like the way the yellow looks. I REALLY want to black out my headlights, but dread opening them up.
I have 3 chips in my current fogs. A little bit of clear silicone will keep them from filling up with dust or water. The chipless set I have standing by also has rockblockers ready to go on them.

The black would look good on a black P5. But I've heard the smoked do reduce the light out put a little. When I had smoked fogs it was with bluebatmovile stuff and it cracked and peeled and burned.

My rockblocker has never burned. The blue film makes the lights appear whiter & brighter when on and gives it an ever so soft blue-ish tint when off.

Before:
before%20(Medium).jpg

After:
P5%20headlights%20N%20fogs%20(Medium).jpg

Linsey%20(Large).jpg

0027706-R1-012-4A%20(Medium).jpg

Saying the smoke reduces light output a little is a gross understatement.. during the day depending on the lighting they don't even look like they are on! I'm definitely buying some clear rockblockers for the new headlights/foglights. No one else that I know of has had rockblockers burn on them, but I have.. it's because of how dark the smoked ones are, they absorb too much light (I have/had the original, stock bulbs still).

rednecks_r_us said:
The black would look good on a black P5. But I've heard the smoked do reduce the light out put a little. When I had smoked fogs it was with bluebatmovile stuff and it cracked and peeled and burned.

My rockblocker has never burned. The blue film makes the lights appear whiter & brighter when on and gives it an ever so soft blue-ish tint when off.

Before:
before%20(Medium).jpg

After:

Linsey%20(Large).jpg

Blue rockblocker on laser blue looks great.....but im still debting to myself whether i should get yellow or blue for my laser blue with 6000K HID headlight...which one would looks better?

If you are asking me I'd say blue.

Looking at my own pictures and looking at my sig pic I really need to get more blue overlays

EDIT: here is a pic of my car with the smoked bluebatmobile overlays

1_8%20mile%20shot.jpg

Last edited:
I think that yellow fog lights are always a JDM thing.. In my own opinion.. Very very nice look with yellow fogs no matter what color the car..

Peace,
RJ

Deffinately yellow, then get some yellow xenon bulbs to go with it. I found some yellow xenons for the high and low beams.

I'm doing what Bill said...only Orange calipers, and STB brackets.

Waiting for cooperative outside weather...

rednecks_r_us said:

Before:
before%20(Medium).jpg

After:

Linsey%20(Large).jpg

Sweet, those are the kinda pics that I was looking for! I was wondering how dark blue the film would be and it looks (at least on your fogs) that the blue is just a slight tint. I think that on a black car that perhaps that tint of blue will keep the overall look clean in both the day and night with them on.

I'm running white xenon bulb on both my heads and fog lights so my lights are already pretty crisp and white. Blue tinted fogs could look pretty sharp. However - how is the light that you find from yours? Also, how about during the rain?

Thanks!

Freeridin' Al said:
Sweet, those are the kinda pics that I was looking for! I was wondering how dark blue the film would be and it looks (at least on your fogs) that the blue is just a slight tint. I think that on a black car that perhaps that tint of blue will keep the overall look clean in both the day and night with them on.

I'm running white xenon bulb on both my heads and fog lights so my lights are already pretty crisp and white. Blue tinted fogs could look pretty sharp. However - how is the light that you find from yours? Also, how about during the rain?

Thanks!

No problems. Its wierd but the light seems sharper and brighter with the blue rckblocker.

Attachments

• 0027705-R1-008-2A (Medium).jpg
    0027705-R1-008-2A (Medium).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 0027705-R1-010-3A (Medium).jpg
    0027705-R1-010-3A (Medium).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 112
  • parking garage 002 (Large).jpg
    parking garage 002 (Large).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 128
  • parking garage 015 (Large).jpg
    parking garage 015 (Large).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 107
  • parking garage 027 (Large).jpg
    parking garage 027 (Large).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 108
Black P5, Thule rack on it, office near the automall? I think I've seen you. In fact, I think I work right next to you. :)

I was thinking of going with either clear or yellow for the fogs on my black P5, but may have to seriously consider blue now...

Back