What color Calipers

rednecks_r_us

:
2003 Laser Blue Protege5
Ok Tony needs to paint his calipers but is undecided on what color.

So how about we give him some ideas?

Here are some pictures of his car.

http://members.cox.net/azdakota97/newrims%20009.jpg

http://members.cox.net/azdakota97/newrims%20008.jpg<!-- / message -->

OK now can we keep this on topic? No comments about how dirty his car is. Its winter and we have been having storms every weekend. If you like or don't like his rims or his hood or the color of the car just keep on topic about caliper color please.

Thanks,

gloss black....

pic001.JPG

Keep in mind thats with 7 months of dust on them. But they look fuggin nice and simple when you actaully notice them.

No they are not red, or yellow... but the upside to this is that they NEVER show dirt. A yellow or red caliper will look good for the first 250 miles, and then brake dust gets into the cracks and you look like a ricy piece of s***. I bought my car and it had its calipers painted yelow... Looked like s***. The first thing i did when it arrived was put in on jacks and strip the paint, and redo them black.

I wouldnt use the "brake caliper paint" that you can buy at autozone, etc either. I have seen this crap just flake off after a couple thousand miles. We just got black High temp resitant paint (about 7000 degrees high temp rating than caliper paint) and finished it off with 5-6 coats of high temp gloss. Will NEVER dull unlike caliper paints, and the actauly color of the caliper is very well protected from getting chips, etc.

just my long .02...

i wouldnt paint them at all, but if he really wants to. what i would do is paint them silver first, then find some really small Stensile sticker letters to spell out MAZDA and stick them on the flattest part of the caliper and then go over it w/black.

4DRMP5ATR said:
i wouldnt paint them at all, but if he really wants to. what i would do is paint them silver first, then find some really small Stensile sticker letters to spell out MAZDA and stick them on the flattest part of the caliper and then go over it w/black.

Or if you got room spell out MAZDASPORTS

bigass_ricer said:
Red, gotta be red man.

RED is NO GO, especially on a BLUE car........... come on didnt your mom ever teach you how to match your colors!!!!!

4DRMP5ATR said:
RED is NO GO, especially on a BLUE car........... come on didnt your mom ever teach you how to match your colors!!!!!

I like red, gotta be red......or yellow.

Yea......changed my mind, yellow would look great with the blue.

black tony... you have cf and blue. if you had any red, then red, but black is the only way to go.

tonkabui said:
stock is silver.

Yea, but they get black after a while, or brownish rust color. That is why I like red and I touch them up every spring.

bigass_ricer said:
Yea, but they get black after a while, or brownish rust color. That is why I like red and I touch them up every spring.

or after every hard brake usage... like stoping at a stoplight from 35mph...

Latest posts

Back