What airbag code is this?

ihaveworms

:
CX-5
The month old CX-5 is having an issue with a flashing airbag light. This is the second time it has happened and we are taking it to the dealer next week, but I wanted to see if any of you all knew what this was. The airbag light started flashing and then I saw the amber passenger airbag deactivated light come on in the center console. After a couple of seconds the amber light went off and the airbag light continued blinking. During this time, I did have a passenger in the front passenger seat.

The pattern that the airbag light was flashing was 1 flash, pause, then 6 flashes. Is this a code for something?

Possibly, or it could be a faulty weight sensor in the seat.

Do you have anything (books, a laptop, bag,) on top of your front passenger seat? Some cars can detect weight on seats and alert you if no seat belts are used on that seat.

Do you have anything (books, a laptop, bag,) on top of your front passenger seat? Some cars can detect weight on seats and alert you if no seat belts are used on that seat.

Most cars today have a weight sensor in the seat that will disable the passenger airbag if it detects a small weight, like a child or small person that could be harmed by the bag. Heavy backpacks and luggage will also show the disabled light. I think the enable weight is somewhere around 80 lbs, so if you have a person hovering around that the sensor might go on/off.

Most cars today have a weight sensor in the seat that will disable the passenger airbag if it detects a small weight, like a child or small person that could be harmed by the bag. Heavy backpacks and luggage will also show the disabled light. I think the enable weight is somewhere around 80 lbs, so if you have a person hovering around that the sensor might go on/off.

My 2013 VW CC would have airbag lights blink when I left my laptop on the front passenger seat. Same thing when I had a ....watermelon on it lol. It was irritating........only time I can't think of complaining about "melons" in my front passenger seat.

The person in the passenger seat was probably at least 150lb, so having someone on the edge of it being too low weight probably wasn't an issue. The seat belt light would start flashing and an audible ding would start going off if the weight sensor detected someone in the seat and no seatbelt on. The airbag light doesn't come on in this scenario. I have had this happen before where the passenger hadn't put their seatbelt on yet when leaving the parking lot. No airbag light came on.

Back