What about this for the speed 6???????

It will not create turbulence when closed. The pipe acts like a solid state and the gas passes right by it. You would install it after the cat on the straight section. But in an area where they is no clearance issues with the chassis. So any spot on the straight section. Just make sure it will not hit the body or the ground.
Sales Team
www.QuickTimePerformance.com
201-444-0998

I'm sure the sales team is only concerned with maximum performance and not selling a product.

qtecanimation.gif

I'm sure the exhaust stream will know to just bypass that extra volume of air when its closed. It won't try to fill it and cause a backwash of pressure in the pipe as it bounces off the closed flap. It won't effect anything at all! Look! It even shows in the animation how the exhaust stream magically knows to just skip that area!!! Man thats freaking amazing! What a great product!

It's magically delicous!

magic.jpg

It would be better if the Qtec was build 2-ways that way it could shut the stock exhaust completely off instead of having one hole in the middle of the exhaust system and the rest running out thru the stock exhuast no?

Make sure you post a before and after 20,40,60mph roll race so we can have a better idea of the gains.....

crossbow said:
I'm sure the sales team is only concerned with maximum performance and not selling a product.

qtecanimation.gif

I'm sure the exhaust stream will know to just bypass that extra volume of air when its closed. It won't try to fill it and cause a backwash of pressure in the pipe as it bounces off the closed flap. It won't effect anything at all! Look! It even shows in the animation how the exhaust stream magically knows to just skip that area!!! Man thats freaking amazing! What a great product!

It's magically delicous!

magic.jpg

With the valve located where it is, you DEFINITELY mess with the laminar flow of the exhaust gases. With the design as shown on the website, and the diagram shown above (Thanks Crossbow) you end up with a turbulent pocket of exhaust gas when the valve is open OR when it is closed!

When it is closed you have a 6 inch area that collects gases and then reflects them back into the laminar stream at an angle that not only disturbs flow passing the cut-out, but slows down gases approaching the cut-out and the exhaust. Slow exhaust in a turbo engine = poor for power production.

When the valve is open you have a HUGE area of dead space which extends from the cut-out to the tip of the muffler. Since the cut-out provides a smaller resistance to the flow of the exhaust gas the gases will preferentially flow out this path. However, a proportion of the gases will still travel down the regular exhaust path. Since this gas will be travelling at a slower speed than the gas exiting the cut-out, you end up producing the same effect as with the cut-out closed...the slow-moving exhaust stream disturbs the stream of rapidly-exiting gases creating turbulence and hindering the overall exhaust stream.

Now, not to say that a cut-out can't work to create power, BUT a cut-out designed like this product isn't likely to produce power for our car.

This rant hasn't even touched on the CEL issue that Crossbow already mentioned.

Just my $0.02 CAN ($0.015 USD).

R

BTW, I'm heading down to Crescent St tonight so maybe you can drive it by with this thing on. Look for the Black Mica MS6.

Last edited:
ok guys stop being engineerings and wait till i install it to make so comments. it is being installed , so i will post some videos of me driving FAST LOL
wont be long guys be patient. (first)

these things are very popular with turbo VW's. You put it before the cat so that it's pretty much no restriction at all in the exhaust. Hope it doesn't throw a cel, but it should def give u more power.

ok guys , i just got this cutout installed and i can say that this is the BEST 200$ i ever spent in my life. the car is insane , im sure that there is a 40hp gain EASY. i cannot take a video because it is raining all weekend. but i will do so as soon as it will be nice out. what i did is i placed it instade of the CAT and i moved the cat further down the line. NO CHECK ENGIN LIGNE (first)

it is SICK , if you guys dont get this you are missing out big time. especially for 200$
just the sound is rediculus .

one thing to say :) WOW

p5freek said:
ok guys , i just got this cutout installed and i can say that this is the BEST 200$ i ever spent in my life. the car is insane , im sure that there is a 40hp gain EASY. i cannot take a video because it is raining all weekend. but i will do so as soon as it will be nice out. what i did is i placed it instade of the CAT and i moved the cat further down the line. NO CHECK ENGIN LIGNE (first)

it is SICK , if you guys dont get this you are missing out big time. especially for 200$
just the sound is rediculus .

one thing to say :) WOW
DENG!!! i wanna see the video now please!!! i might just go ahead and make this purchase also.... zoom-zoom!!! cant wait...

Speed Pirate said:
Try this instead. Works off boost pressure. I have one on the way.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

THIS IS NO GOOD. what if you are on the street and you floor it, u get stoped for sure.
the other one is electrique u open it only at the TRACK. so it is alot better , less risk to get cops on your back. and on top of that it is a 100$ more . so u dont decide when to open it.

i got stoped on friday on the street , i opened it to try it out and the cop was on the other side of the street , so i see him turn with his lights on , so im like SH.T , si o close the CUTOUT with the ELECTRIC SWITCH no more noise. the cops come next to me and goes your car is loud, i go to him no its not it is stock from the dealer. he goes press the gaz. i press no sound. the he goes ok sir have a nice day , sorry the car i heared was alot louder then yours (first) LOLOLLOLLL !!!! tell me this is not a beauty :)

Last edited:
p5freek,
so what size did you end up purchasing? did you just bolt it up where the stock second cat was located? im really interested in this product. can you post a pic or vid of how your setup looks, thanks...

p5freek said:
THIS IS NO GOOD. what if you are on the street and you floor it, u get stoped for sure.
the other one is electrique u open it only at the TRACK. so it is alot better , less risk to get cops on your back. and on top of that it is a 100$ more . so u dont decide when to open it.

i got stoped on friday on the street , i opened it to try it out and the cop was on the other side of the street , so i see him turn with his lights on , so im like SH.T , si o close the CUTOUT with the ELECTRIC SWITCH no more noise. the cops come next to me and goes your car is loud, i go to him no its not it is stock from the dealer. he goes press the gaz. i press no sound. the he goes ok sir have a nice day , sorry the car i heared was alot louder then yours (first) LOLOLLOLLL !!!! tell me this is not a beauty :)

You should do some reasearch before declaring something no good. I agree that the price is higher, but you can install a cheap boost controller pre actuator and control when it opens. On my car in the same situation with the "cop", I can freely rev with nothing louder than factory.

MAZDASPEED619 said:
p5freek,
so what size did you end up purchasing? did you just bolt it up where the stock second cat was located? im really interested in this product. can you post a pic or vid of how your setup looks, thanks...

i got the 2.25'' one. i wanna put a video but it is raining here none stop :(
and like i said , i put it instade of the CAT and i moved the car further down the line

p5freek said:
i got the 2.25'' one. i wanna put a video but it is raining here none stop :(
and like i said , i put it instade of the CAT and i moved the car further down the line

Waitin' to see the video. Didn't HEAR you on Crescent St. on Saturday...LOL!

R

Rainman said:
Waitin' to see the video. Didn't HEAR you on Crescent St. on Saturday...LOL!

R

LOL if it could stop raining in that stupid city i could make the video. i didnt go on cresent on saturday. bad day it was.

Back