Weird air intake issue (2015 CX-5)

lemuth80

Hey when I’m cracking the throttle a tiny bit I have a puff of air coming out of my intake. Is this normal?

2015 cx5 gt 200k miles

How do you know you have a puff of air? And are you talking about the engine intake, or a vent inside the cabin?

These engines use a larger valve overlap. You might be experiencing that, although I'd be surprised you'd feel it all the way through the stock intake plumbing.

How do you know you have a puff of air? And are you talking about the engine intake, or a vent inside the cabin?

These engines use a larger valve overlap. You might be experiencing that, although I'd be surprised you'd feel it all the way through the stock intake plumbing.
Let me take a video tomorrow so you guys can see it.

Are you observing this "puff-of-air" with the intake filter system apart i.e. no filter and cover?
If so, then I see no issue at all. The intake is a system designed to operate with all components in place and functioning.

Please advise of any codes thrown, then ......
were ya expecting perfection here - with 200K on the odometer?

No, this is not normal behavior for a healthy engine. What intake component(s) were removed to view this phenomenon?

Sounds a bit like standoff, or else a sticking/bent valve.

Hey when I’m cracking the throttle a tiny bit I have a puff of air coming out of my intake. Is this normal?

2015 cx5 gt 200k miles

The OP hasn’t been back to the forum in 10 days - after promising to post a video. Guess he doesn’t want our help anymore.

Yep. Has some issues ......

Attachments

• Mom, Dad-were out of cereal.jpg
    Mom, Dad-were out of cereal.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 56

2015 cx5 gt 200k miles

Probably normal. Remember the engine emulates the Atkinson Cycle. Some air is pushed back into the intake manifold so the expansion (power) stroke is longer than the compression stroke.

Latest posts

Back