Weekend Projects

I finally got enough miles on the Miata to do the first oil change since I've owned it. I had our local mechanic do it for me so I could get it up on a rack to look at things closely. We investigated a little pink fluid and found nothing. It may be the PS leaking a little. It's 19 years old; so, a tiny leak in the PS would not be surprising. Anyway, the car is built like a tank, under there. When the builder put the car together, he didn't want that big engine to break things. The mechanic and I were impressed, to say the least. As he changed the oil, I wiped things down, underneath. It looks much better, now. Judges tend to poke their noses under the cars, sometimes.

Installed FMIC.

I installed a FMIC kit on my Speed 3.

DSCF7639.jpg

DSCF7672.jpg

DSCF7686.jpg

DSCF7702.jpg

DSCF7703.jpg

Just finished rotating the tires and painting the calipers black.

hope you used that high heat rated paint?, i got mine painted red... i know orginal.. for a blue msp.... seeing that many of em have red lol.

What should I do to my 3? I have only done appearance stuff. Im not very car savvy so keep that in mind. Plus I dont have too much money to spend right now.

There is not alot you can do to make it fast short of turbo charging.

Buy lots of gas and drive it often on curvy roads. Enjoy.

EECMM 2010 is in Gatlinburg June 17th - 20th We will be driving the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in large groups with 3's and 6's p3s p4s p5's, speed's and maybe a rotory or two. Did this last June and it was the most fun I have ever had in a car with my cloths on.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not alot you can do to make it fast short of turbo charging.

Buy lots of gas and drive it often on curvy roads. Enjoy.

EECMM 2010 is in Gatlinburg June 17th - 20th We will be driving the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in large groups with 3's and 6's p3s p4s p5's, speed's and maybe a rotory or two. Did this last June and it was the most fun I have ever had in a car with my cloths on.

HAHAHA (headbang)

Well that sucks I guess. I guess Im going to get a strut bar or whatever. If you know of anything just tell me.

Back