Weekend Projects

I've got three scangauges with a CP-E pod coming :) My wife can finally inherit the dashhawk.

I knew you could connect two together but did not know you could do 3. I can't wait to see the pics. Are you going to EECMM? Post some pics ASAP.

3 is a special order. I got in touch with Aeroforce sales to set it up. If you already have 1 or 2 they can send you additional gauges with the special cable you need. I'm going to have black gauges with a silver bezel and red text. Each gauge will have a different color LED warning light: red, green, and blue. Rice rice baby!

I almost spent enough money on these damn gauges to get the coilovers I want. I'll post pics for sure as soon as all this stuff comes in. Something tells me Aeroforce moves slowly with 3 gauge orders.

3 is a special order. I got in touch with Aeroforce sales to set it up. If you already have 1 or 2 they can send you additional gauges with the special cable you need. I'm going to have black gauges with a silver bezel and red text. Each gauge will have a different color LED warning light: red, green, and blue. Rice rice baby!

I almost spent enough money on these damn gauges to get the coilovers I want. I'll post pics for sure as soon as all this stuff comes in. Something tells me Aeroforce moves slowly with 3 gauge orders.

I chose Black face, silver bezel and red readout also. I have found that inverting the readout, red background with black letters is easiest to read during the day, so that is how I leave it. I like mine alot and your set up is going to be badass. I set my warning lights as a shift light at 5300 RPM. I would imagine you will set one as a shift light, one for high knock retard and one for ?

I chose Black face, silver bezel and red readout also. I have found that inverting the readout, red background with black letters is easiest to read during the day, so that is how I leave it. I like mine alot and your set up is going to be badass. I set my warning lights as a shift light at 5300 RPM. I would imagine you will set one as a shift light, one for high knock retard and one for ?

One for a fuel economy shift (say, green at 3500 RPM), one for a performance shift (say, red at 5800 RPM), and one for a knock retard warning (say, blue for any knock above 1.0). Or I might have one light stay illuminated until my oil temperature is high enough to beat on the car. I'll probably experiment with a lot of combinations. They say my order should ship early next week. I can't wait!

Installed my scan gauge today. Love it, easy to read and fits fine in the vent pod. I just quickly set it to boost (haven't read over the manual yet) but it keeps giving me negative numbers. Like I'll be accelerating and it'll go up to about 4psi then drop down to negative -20psi or somethign. Kinda weird. Also took me a while to figure out where to guide the wire to connect it to the OBD port. Had to take a thin stick and tape the connection to the stick and pull it up.

I tied a nut to some fishing line and dropped it down, then tied the line to the connection cable and pulled it up. The negative is vaccum. Go out and floor 4th gear and you should see the boost spike in the 16's/17's and settle in the mid 15's.

Perhaps I don't understand turbos taht much, but when I'm mashing the pedal in 3rd gear, the boost will go to about 5psi then once I reach about 4k rpm it'll go negative.

You aren't giving it enough throttle. Your car is in vacuum when you see negative numbers. Before you are in boost, your car must overcome vacuum.

If you want to see 15.6PSI+ you're going to have to stand on the gas pedal. Make sure you are in 3rd or 4th and at least 3000 rpm then give it the beans!

Messed around with a friend tonight and yeah, noticed I stayed in the positive. So that's good. My only complaint is that I wish the gauge was angled a bit to face me. I may rig up something to where it does that. But for right now it's fine.

The exotic, hard to find MSCAI??? I'm calling bull s*** on that. GTFO with your imaginary parts.

The exotic, hard to find MSCAI??? I'm calling bull s*** on that. GTFO with your imaginary parts.

I bought mine on eBay from a Mazda dealer last year- a couple of days before the first "Stop Sale" order was issues. I also bought an AEM air straightener a while back. I figure I might as well install the thing.

The scangauges are on my front doorstep! When I get home in about 1.5 hours I'll begin the install. I can't wait!

It was hard to capture good pics of the setup, but it looks stellar!

3553210124_84d0b49fca.jpg

3553208780_73ef3e87b5.jpg

3552397323_4929de9a32.jpg

3552393069_46495d34f1.jpg

3553199088_a723ec1cca.jpg

I'll get some better pics later. This setup ROCKS!

Latest posts

Back