Weekend Projects

If you fight with the dealer, they'll fix it. I did that very thing with OM and they did it for a CEL involving the MAF sensor.

NEVER deal with them (OM). Use any other dealer. They suck a$$. Of course they're going to do it to you with sandpaper on any part! What did you expect? Buy anything from PG or another supplier (even ebay), but not a dealer.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume if the CX7 is having problems with these engines that these cars will. Several things here--more weight, AWD, and probably a few other differences that I'm not mentioning here. These put more strain on this engine and can cause problems that wouldn't be seen in our cars.

Daniel

I haven't dealt with OM, but I haven't heard anything good about them. I like Huffman or Dr Zoom.

I agree. I've put 162k miles on my 2004 Mazda 6. I have the 2.3L 4cyl., no major issues. It's been a really great car! Had the ignition coil replaced @ 120k.

I haven't dealt with OM, but I haven't heard anything good about them. I like Huffman or Dr Zoom.

I agree. I've put 162k miles on my 2004 Mazda 6. I have the 2.3L 4cyl., no major issues. It's been a really great car! Had the ignition coil replaced @ 120k.

I got a great deal from OM (somehow) for my '07 GT (less than $24 out the door). Since then, it's been nothing but hassels. I will NEVER do business with them again. I will use them in negotiations against other dealers, but I won't take them up again...

Daniel

What.. CEL for real . dang it.. i got a P0421 code... Possible cause Exhaust Leak or Faulty catalytic converter... what to do.. what to do... anyone?

You either have an exhaust leak, which you can find by running Seafoam through your brake booster, a bad first cat, or bad secondary O2 sensor. I vote for cat, but start with the Seafoam as it is the cheapest. If it is the cat, get a header and nonfouler fix for the secondary O2.

I finally got my car painted. Now i just need to order a badge kit for the rear and fog light deletes for the front.

I finally got my car painted. Now i just need to order a badge kit for the rear and fog light deletes for the front.

Post pics!!

Looks like I may need new shocks & struts, plus I'm considering going with some lowering springs..... (uhm)

go figure. i drive through the snow to the shop.... and what do you knw... my car is working perfectly so cannot replicate problem... outcome... there is nothing wrong with the car lol.. thats all good but dang it

Going to put the factory front lip on the RX-8 we just bought (put the Magnaflow exhaust on tonight). Also take a look at what I damaged on the front of the Protege when I was playing in a snowy parking lot last week, and hit a hidden curb. If I get really ambitious, install Koni yellows and RPM K-spec springs on the Speed6.

Going to put the factory front lip on the RX-8 we just bought (put the Magnaflow exhaust on tonight). Also take a look at what I damaged on the front of the Protege when I was playing in a snowy parking lot last week, and hit a hidden curb. If I get really ambitious, install Koni yellows and RPM K-spec springs on the Speed6.

Where is pic of Protege?
I would like to hear that Magnaflow! You should come to an OAC meet this year!

I'm thinking about putting Magnaflow on my 6.

Picture of the car or of the damage? The grandson was over yesterday and I had the duty so my list of accomplishments went way down. I did get the front lip on the 8, and finally was able to find a socket that would fit in the recesses of the winter wheels so I was able to take off the fronts tonight and install the Fiamm horns. I am supposed to replace the fuel pump on a friend's Taurus wagon tomorrow (fun times, you have to drop to fuel tank to do it) so won't get to the Protege until maybe Tuesday.

Only problem with me making meets is I am gone about half the year, so my time home is precious. If things work out I might make one in the spring. Just have to decide which car to bring...

Oh, and the Magnaflow on the 8 is pure sex. My wife likes it, but said something about it being a fart can. I said no, that is rotary goodness. I had forgotten how fun it is running a rotary up the tach, I really need to get my RX-7 resto going.

Last edited:
I relocated the coolant bottle on the msp so the AEM short ram filter is not crushing it any more. and also painted all the gay blue stuff under the bay to a nice silver. and also installed my custom battery tray i bought the other day.

Going to install the used Racing Beat intake duct I just received on the 8. And hopefully (finally), take a look at the damage on the Protege.

It's been a while since I've dropped in. I thought I'd give an update on Little Red. This week, it's getting a new top and new carpet. With that, it'll be down to a few minor items that need to be done to give it a total refreshing. Most of that will be touching up the paint on wipers, over the firewall, tow hooks, etc. It will also get a new set of tires, this summer, and new seat belt webbing. After all that, I can finally sit back and enjoy.

Show season has finally arrived. Hopefully, my efforts will allow it to do much better, this year. If not, I've got one heck of a cruiser! (naughty)

^? hm explain?

The Speed 3 uses a cartridge style oil filter encased in a plastic housing that can crack and leak, has happened many times to people causing engine damage. The conversion allows you to use conventional metal oil filters. It also allows you to chose a larger filter if you want. I'm using a filter for the Mazda B3000 PU which is rather large.

BMW uses a similar design but they mount the filter canister under the hood so that the filter element is dead easy to change. I wish Mazda had taken that approach...

Back