We Got Our Recall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, people should staple the difference between VICS and VTCS to there computer monitor

vindication said:
wow, people should staple the difference between VICS and VTCS to there computer monitor
lol you would be the 1st one (rofl)

(I only read page 1 and 5 and the first page of the recall notice)

So.. Mazda finally acknowledged the VICS screw issue? Good to know that mine isn't affected since it was made June 2002. Now I'll definitely redline her 2x as much.

EDIT: changed to VICS (deadhorse )

Last edited:
Hmm... looks like I made the list too... was in the last 300 vin#s. (argh)
so, you think Mazda will have anything to say about my hacked airbox/getto SRI?

Or is it time to head to e-bay? (boom07)

Wait, is VTCS is the one near the head and VICS is the one that changes the length of the runner?

VTCS = variable tumbler control system?
VICS = variable intake control system?

June 2003 here, not had problem yet, haven't received notice but shows up on mazdausa site as recall

jonlong said:
Wait, is VTCS is the one near the head and VICS is the one that changes the length of the runner?

VTCS = variable tumbler control system?
VICS = variable intake control system?
VICS changes the runner lengh

I have tried to make an appointment with my car and it seems that Mazda service knows about recall but it is not official yet. Service guy said that they got some special tools but do not know what to do with them????? Isnt that odd??? Maybe it is not a good idea to go first for this recall.

so... **** it would kinda be kool if it was all our p5s so this way at least we could go in there and get it checked out thats the only thing that i am worried about on my whole car. im about to go check my vin now but its not an 03 so im prolly out of luck :( but good news for the guyes that have 03s *congrats*

btw can anyone give me a link to mazdas website were it asks you to register, cuz i cant navigate around that website good, our firewall takes out all active x stuff

Dealers haven't gotten any information yet. All we know is we got parts and tools. Thats it.

I wonder if they'd replace anything since I've already modified the intake manifold and removed the VTCS. The VICS is still intact.

i got the notice... it seems, they way its written, that everybody is fully aware of the issue, and just to make an appointment.... now stealerships are saying they dont have the info? typical bonehead mazda s***. my cars running fine, but i did have an issue a while back with horrible idle.. i thought the aftermarket intake caused it, and maybe sucked domething up... they said a loose something got in there... and they fixed it... im assuming they retightened everything and maybe the issue was fixed that time for me?...
maxek said:
I have tried to make an appointment with my car and it seems that Mazda service knows about recall but it is not official yet. Service guy said that they got some special tools but do not know what to do with them????? Isnt that odd??? Maybe it is not a good idea to go first for this recall.

Back