We Got Our Recall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxek

:
2003.5 MP5
Check this out. I just got it today. Tommorow I am doing mine.

Attachments

• recall small.jpg
    recall small.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 3,190
  • recall2.jpg
    recall2.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • recall3.jpg
    recall3.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • recall4.jpg
    recall4.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:
oh s***! i just checked on mazda's site and my car isn't one of the recalls (sleep)

Last edited:
good news for all of us! those of us with the problem get it fixed and the others know for sure if their cars are "doomed" :)

So 03's only huh? Is there a site that has the VIN numbers involved in the recall?

azeli73 said:
So 03's only huh? Is there a site that has the VIN numbers involved in the recall?

that's what i'm wondering ... does it affect MSPs as well?

goto mazda's website and click on the owners tab on the top. you gotta register your vin and there's a link in there for any recalls on your vin

Just got mine in the mail today as well. I already had mine replaced about a year ago, but I will take it in again to have it looked at. I would imagine the MSP's would be included as well, but like Ken said, print a copy of the letter in post#1 and then take it to your dealer and they'll tell you if you're in the clear.

I think it says right on one of the lines "if you are a recipient of this notice, your vehicle is included in this campaign". Give it a week, especially with Christmas coming, and see if you get an envelope from Mazda with "Important Emission Recall Notice" on the front in big red letters. If not, then don't sweat it.

I hope they expand this because mine went out and I am not included in the recall per the Mazda website.

ChopstickHero said:
that's what i'm wondering ... does it affect MSPs as well?

For that matter it would be nice to be able to verify that all the cars whose owners have previously posted here, having lost a VICS screw, have been included in the recall. I too would like to see the VIN range.

Mazdausa.com did not indicate a recall on my 2003 P5. <B>Maxek</B> does that web site show a recall on your car, or did you receive this letter in the mail?

Anyone else notice how much that letter reeked of lawyer? It justifies the recall entirely in terms of emissions being out of whack and says nothing at all about motors which have been thrashed by eating a screw. In particular, under the "what will Mazda do" it does NOT say that they will fix anything other than the intake manifold, even if your valves are broken to bits because they chewed on a screw. Selling a car that violates the emissions standards is a bigger faux pas than selling one that blows up motors.

I just registered on mazdausa.com and my 02.5 MP5 and 03 MSP is clear according to the VIN numbers I provided. MAYBE, the site is not up to date yet...

Back