US Diesel's big splash introduction

(lol)

Still over here, unless you are towing something or doing long highway trips, having a diesel isn't that financially beneficial and therefore the 2.5L sells more

Just like us then which also means no power mode on auto transmission either
Diesel doesn't need the power mode because of its low rpm torque. Well that's what I learned anyway.

Though on WOT/ Pedal to the metal, it's does shift aggressively at around 3,500-4500 RPM.

[emoji3]

Last edited:
Diesel doesn't need the power mode because of its low rpm torque. Well that's what I learned anyway.

Though on WOT/ Pedal to the metal, it's does shift aggressively at around 3,500-4500 RPM.

[emoji3]
It may not actually need it but no harm in having it :)

I'm having my friend at Mazda check the parts catalog today but I doubt we'll see any clutch parts in there for the diesel.
I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm having my friend at Mazda check the parts catalog today but I doubt we'll see any clutch parts in there for the diesel.

Does he know anyone at Mazda Canada? (rlaugh)

don't pop the motor on this lil guy:
"I put in the engine long block part number for pricing, Comes out at about $7k at present."

That probably confirms there won't be a manual version for you guys

J.R., you're not gonna like what I have to tell you...

Honestly at this point I've resigned myself to the sad fact I likely won't be able to get a stick in the vehicle I want (or get the real vehicle I want, which would be a Mazda 6 wagon with AWD, a diesel and a stick).

If Mazda surprised me to the contrary I'd have been thrilled but I sure wasn't holding my breath.

That said, I'll hold on to a faint glimmer of hope until we have an official announcement to the contrary. And heck, even if the US doesn't get one, until I see a Canadian source with confirmation (as we can still get a base 2.0L with a stick here) I will foolishly continue keep the dream alive! (rlaugh)

I like the wishful thinking J.R. :)

3550fa0ff029a9bce959f8e718bc0049.jpg

Mazda sticking with diesels

A recent patent by Mazda shows that the Japanese company is working on a twin-turbo diesel power unit that also uses a supercharger. This suggests the learnings from its SkyActiv X engines (which also utilise an electric supercharger for cramming in extra air) will be put into its diesel powertrains.

Mercedes used a super charger with a turbo years ago, so nothing new there.

Mazda sticking with diesels

A recent patent by Mazda shows that the Japanese company is working on a twin-turbo diesel power unit that also uses a supercharger. This suggests the learnings from its SkyActiv X engines (which also utilise an electric supercharger for cramming in extra air) will be put into its diesel powertrains.

Back