Unlock All Doors with One Button Push?

tunersteve,
My question remains. With MDS, is there a choice to set the door unlocking (all or one)?
The list of customizable choices is in the owner's manual, and unlocking doors with one press is not among them. What is true for Mazda6 may not be true for CX9.

Without looking at the software I wouldn't know. If it was anywhere, that would be the place it could be changed. They don't typically list that stuff in the owners manual from what I've found.

Jeeze!

Enough already, did anyone come up with a solution??! This feature drives me NUTS for the very same reason the other posters listed... I unlock the door when I'm alone, then inedibly when I get home, i need something (or more likely the kids need something) out of the car and they have to squeeze around our impossibly small garage scraping their little legs on the bumper, open the door to hit the unlock button, then squeeze around to the other side where they can open the door and get their stuff. Grrrrr! AND no exaggeration, if I have to tell anyone else "No, don't open the door until I tell you... OK, now!" I"m going to lose my freaking mind. At least 4 people standing at every door, and at least ONE person ALWAYS tries the door after the first freaking click, and this is after 3 years with this car!! Sometimes people do it like 3 times before I have to stop everything, explain to them NOT to try to the door when they hear the first obviously-unlocking-the-door noise, and wait for the second obviously-unlocking-the-door noise! I really need a solution!

If I have passengers that do not usually ride with me, I pull out the SmartCard and press the unlock button twice
before I get to the vehicles. That would avoid the situation you described.
On my wife's Prius, we set it to "unlock all doors" at one touch when the default from Toyota was driver's door only.

I also hate the "press twice to unlock all doors" mode of operation. I wish it could be programmed out, but I believe it cannot. (I'm surprised someone mentioned it can.)
If anything, I wish they would design the system to allow the doors to unlock if someone else is pulling up on the handle.

Ya know, Mazda has this thousands of dollars modular diag. machine, which basically has the ability to be as simple as an obd2 plug hooked into a laptop...darned proprietary software. One of these days, some genius will come up with a computer program that will have you hook up your obdii port and the program will "learn" your vehicle and let you change stuff. Wouldn't that be great? I had something kind of like that for my 97 VR6 Passat.

Like I posted in another thread about the SmartKey, it is not!

Scenario:
The closed drivers door is the only unlocked door and you need to access the driver side, second seat area.

You must first press the drivers door black button once to lock all doors. Then press two more times to unlocked the rear seat door(s). More like a DumbKey to me.

I have to agree it is a pain with the way Mazda handles the door locking. I also have a Jeep Cherokee that all you do is put your hand around the door handle and it unlocks every door. When you have gloves on, the little button on the Mazda handle is difficult to hit , let alone having to hit it twice. I also agree it is problematic when someone else is trying to open a door at the same time...confuses the system . I know it seems trivial but when one spending 40 to 50K and the competition does it better. Don't get me started how the side windows don't squeegee the rain off when opening. Only car that I have owned that fails at wiping the window off.

I have to agree it is a pain with the way Mazda handles the door locking. I also have a Jeep Cherokee that all you do is put your hand around the door handle and it unlocks every door. When you have gloves on, the little button on the Mazda handle is difficult to hit , let alone having to hit it twice. I also agree it is problematic when someone else is trying to open a door at the same time...confuses the system . I know it seems trivial but when one spending 40 to 50K and the competition does it better. Don't get me started how the side windows don't squeegee the rain off when opening. Only car that I have owned that fails at wiping the window off.

While I agree that having a touchpad on the back of the handle would be better, I've never had any issues locking/unlocking the doors using the buttons on the handles of my 2018 CX-9. Based on the price range you mentioned (40 to 50k) I assume you're talking about a new CX-9. You can configure the door lock behaviour to unlock all doors with one button press on the door handle - no need to hit it twice unless you want to.

One press of the "lock/unlock" button and all doors lock/unlock. One press of the "trunk" button and all doors lock/unlock and the tailgate closes/opens. Just how it should be. 👍

2D81BB06-A55D-4981-BD58-842D353AE6C2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back