Unlock All Doors with One Button Push?

Why you folks have the trip computer and fog light indicator on the dash and we don't is a mystery.

Ted

That homelink thing is something I could do with.

I reckon the fog light indicator could be an Australian certification thing, because the stupid part of it is that it is illegal to drive in Australia with your fog lights on unless there is fog or heavy rain. Many people have been fined about $75 for doing it.(five-0)
So the indicator would stop people saying they did not know they were on.

Clarke

I wish it came with Homelink and I'm surprised it wasn't included. We looked at several vehicles in the price range and none of them included every feature we wanted. They all were missing something.

I think it is good that it is illegal to drive with the FOG lights on unless there is fog. They are generally too bright for oncoming traffic unless diffused by fog. For normal driving they do absolutely nothing apart from annoy oncoming drivers so that is one of the road rules I don't have a problem with. Now if only they would do the same for the ridiculously bright headlights that people replace the standard ones with we might all have better eyesight.

But back on topic .... I would prefer it if it unlocked all doors with one press too. My previous car had the two press idea and I was hoping this one wouldn't. I always have things to put in the passenger side so I always need to open that door even if I am alone. Now I know an extra press of the remote button isn't going to kill me or even give me arthritis but it would just be easier.

I ve had like three cars in usa and i they were all same...right now i got two cars and they r same too... two press to unlock all the doors.. in Europe its not same... many cars can unlock all the doors with just one press.. if u ask me personally two press is no big deal.. just press it twice lol

The issue here is really about programmability of door unlocking.
On Toyota/Lexus SmartKey system, you can program it (by customers thru instructions in manual) so that it unlock all doors/hatch on 1st unlocking.
Homelink is an accessory available on CX-9. I don't see why it has to be standard
since not all people have garage door to open. Autodimming is useful for lower vehicles like sedans/coupes. It is less useful in taller vehicles like CX-9. However, I installed it
myself for $220 parts. A 30 minute-job if all go well.

Allow me to add one more.
REPEAT function in audio has no indicator to show its status.
One can't tell whether it is in REPEAT mode or not unless I missed something.

We open our garage door with the little button in the middle of the ceiling console. When you press it a little green light indicates it's transmitting.

Last edited:
QUOTE=j30;3806417]Yes, it's annoying when you have to constantly put kids in the back seat or holding ltems to put in cargo area. Just like having doors that lock themselves then you have to press button twice again. It's about a bigger picture of sheeple like you that say "O.K. that's the way it is" and going along with everything or saying I want options I want the freedom of choice.(nuts)[/QUOTE]

What a tool.... (stfu)[

I believe on my 08 GT, if I press the unlock button on the passenger side door, it'll unlock all the doors. Granted, it would be nice to press the unlock button on the remote, but I actually prefer it this way, since I never take out the remote. It always stay in my pocket and I use the buttons on the door, or the one on the rear hatch.

Personally, I do not want it to unlock all the doors with 1 press for security reason. Would be nice to custom program it, but not a deal breaker.

The same goes for the unlock pad on the hatch.
Both unlock all doors and hatch at one push. The one on the driver's door and the one on the fob, however, need two pushes to unlock all doors. No one criticizes the default setting, however, the lack of programmability is inconsiderate to fit users' need.

The same goes for the unlock pad on the hatch.
Both unlock all doors and hatch at one push. The one on the driver's door and the one on the fob, however, need two pushes to unlock all doors. No one criticizes the default setting, however, the lack of programmability is inconsiderate to fit users' need.

Yeah, I miss the one button push as well. All VWs that I've ever had, this was programable. My wife's Honda Odyssey that we replaced with the CX-9, this was programmable to keep you from having to press the unlock button twice, then again for the power doors. Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a "convenience." The kids are constantly pulling on the door handles of the CX-9 before my wife can press the button a second time. The folks with kids can better understand this. Its a safety issue either way. The power hatch on my Touareg (and previous Honda minivan) opens at 1 press of the button. The power hatch on the CX-9 is no use if you have to press the button twice and then press the hatch button for it to work. The "smart key" is not very smart since you have to first press the unlock button on the hatch before opening the hatch. On my Touareg, you just barely touch any of the doors or hatch and it unlocks. Doors are all programmable to unlock: drivers only, left side only, all doors plus the hatch on/off in any of the modes.

Now back to the original question, has anyone found out if this can be programmed to unlock all doors at one push of the button? Even if I have to go to the dealer and tell him how by computer programming.

Okay i have a solution . Press the button when your like 20 feet away so then by the time your second pressing action is completed your 10 feet away its perfect. man who would of thought about perfect timing?

The scenario that annoys me the most is not the fact that I have to press twice to unlock all doors, but in the case that I pressed only once to unlock the driver's door (which is the case when I drive alone), but I thought of getting something from the hatch. When I got to the hatch, the hatch was still locked. The button on the hatch however is a simple toggle. I had to press it once (which detects one door is open) to lock all doors, then, pressed it again to unlock all doors (so the hatch is unlocked). This is the most annoying sequence of button pushing to me.
In fact, the problem can be alleviated if there were two buttons on the hatch. One to unlock, and the other to lock.

The function is dealer programable. Next time your in for service let them know you want the keless entry programmed to open all doors with 1 button press......

VRMS6,
Are you sure?
I have been through the owners' manual and Workshop manual, and I couldn't find any mentioning of this being programmable. At least not for 2008 model that I have. Can't speak for 2009 or 2010 (maybe there have been some changes in this regard).

To the OP:

This is a "How-To" section, not a "How Do I...?" one. This belongs in another section.

As VRMS6 said, the only way to adjust it is through MDS, which the dealer plugs in to the OBDII port. They can also turn the seatbelt minder off, as well as any auto-on/off features. I don't know if any aftermarket options exist to access this, but it might be worth looking into.

tunersteve,
My question remains. With MDS, is there a choice to set the door unlocking (all or one)?
The list of customizable choices is in the owner's manual, and unlocking doors with one press is not among them. What is true for Mazda6 may not be true for CX9.

Back