Twisty Roads Directory

I've got a big list of californian gems to offer up :)

SierraLoop-11.jpg

I just drove the coastal Highway 1 southbound in California last week. That road was also awesome. I saw a sign like the one below that said "Next 74 Miles"! That was the best drive of my life, with the sea right there!
007009.jpg

I made my passengers motion-sick!

I think this may be the sign you're thinking of:

68162001-L.jpg

Great road! Highway 1 from Carmel to Big Sur is one of the best roads on the planet, especially on a bike.

My Arkansas Trip Route Through the Mountains.

Here is a direct link to the route I took to the cabin/cottage we rented in the mountains (includes the Talimena Scenic Byway/Drive):

Click Me

It says 261 miles, 5 hours and 53 minutes, from Plano, TX. I did the drive in about 5 hours, from Euless, TX and that's with stops!

Here is a direct link to what the Talimena Scenic Drive looks like: Click Me

It starts in Talihina, OK and ends in Mena, AR.

Some pictures from the trip:

DSCF3758.jpg

DSCF3757.jpg

Dscf3777a.jpg

DSCF3834.jpg

DSCF3863.jpg

Last edited:
okay, since i'm always talkin about my canyon races and countless drives on sick Utah roads. i guess i better post up some of these EPIC canyons/roads ;).

first: little cottonwood canyon :)

from the 'park and ride' at the bottom(mouth) of the canyon to Alta Ski Resort(the highest resort, but not the top) is about 9-10 miles long.

it climbs from 5340ft above sea level to 8750ft above sea level. THATS A 3410 FOOT HILL CLIMB! and thats only to alta, keep going and you will be above 10,000. i usually stop at Alta in my speed6, but sometimes go beyond the pavement(depending what i'm driving) to a cliff top view i enjoy at 9380ft where i let my car cool down.

the road is well maintained year round, due to Utah's obsession with the outdoors. in the winter it can get ugly despite the plow-truck drivers hardest efforts. its generally always open, i say generally because it does get shut down when the road becomes impassable due to heavy snow, avalanche dangers, etc. i do most my spirited driving in the warmer seasons just to be safe. especially in the canyons, be safe(first).

very twisty, very fun, unbeatable views, and this is my home ;) i drive this path literally daily. (glare)

p.s. may post link to video of canyon run, assuming someone may be interested..or at least find it entertaining!

big cottonwood soon!

Attachments

• LCOTTONWOOD.JPG
    LCOTTONWOOD.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back